Notices

About to order...

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 11:19 AM   #1
supermatt82 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
supermatt82's Tacoma Gallery
About to order...

Getting ready to pull the trigger on new wheels and tires, as my stockers are worn out. Going on my 2010 PreRunner I added a 2.5" spacer and add-a-leaf. Going with an All-Terrain tires, as I do a lot of highway driving, and minimal offroad. Right now, I have the stock 16" steel rims with 245 tires.

I am really considering the MB 72 MB Motoring in a 17" in Black. With my lift, should I go with a 265 tire, or something else? I like the look of the wheels and tires at a wide stance. Just curious of some other opinions. I have search the forum, and even Googled, but can't seem to really find an pics that do justice. The tires I'm considering are Falken Rocky Mountain ATS on MB Wheels 72

If anyone has any opinion, criticism, or just info in general for me (and pics are always welcome!!!!) please share! I really enjoy this forum, as it always seems to have the answer!
Old 12-15-2011, 02:29 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
With the wheels you have selected, you could run 265/70/17 with zero trimming, or if you are okay with trimming some of the fender well and possibly chopping your cab mounts, you can fit 285/70/17's.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:18 PM   #3
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
Like KPT said, you could make a 285 work, but if you're doing mostly highway driving I would suggest sticking with a 265/70/17. A 265 will look way better than a 245, will give you no fitment issues, and will save you gas mileage.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:13 PM   #4
supermatt82 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
supermatt82's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info.....I think the 265 is what I'm going with. I can't sacrifice to much gas mileage, as that is why I bought the truck in the first place! Found a few more pics online, some on FJ's, and I like the look. Thanks for the help, guys!