Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

What do you guys think?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-16-2011, 12:19 PM   #1
G550plt is on a distinguished road
G550plt's Tacoma Gallery
What do you guys think?

I just bought a '12 White DCPR, was gonna through these wheels on.. not an off road truck obviously.. just wondered if anyone could provide feedback on thse or impressions of how it will look
Attached Images

Old 12-16-2011, 12:22 PM   #2
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
I think that will loook veryyy good. What size are you getting them? Lifting the truck at all? Bigger tires?
Old 12-16-2011, 12:35 PM   #3
G550plt's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks.. unfortunately they only come in 17" or 20" from what I can find... so I think the 17" right? I first found these on an FJ, they were 20's looked great.. but Im not sure how they would look on the Tacoma. Not sure on suspension stuff yet, this was "supposed" to be my 3rd car, DD, etc. told wifey I wouldn't go "crazy" like usual!
Old 12-16-2011, 12:37 PM   #4
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by G550plt View Post
Thanks.. unfortunately they only come in 17" or 20" from what I can find... so I think the 17" right? I first found these on an FJ, they were 20's looked great.. but Im not sure how they would look on the Tacoma. Not sure on suspension stuff yet, this was "supposed" to be my 3rd car, DD, etc. told wifey I wouldn't go "crazy" like usual!

Yeah stick with 17s, personally I dont like trucks that get huge wheels that serve no purpose. 20s would be overkill IMO.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
everyone has those rims
Old 12-16-2011, 12:38 PM   #6

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondog View Post
everyone has those rims
Yeah true, or some sort of chrome and black combo. Hard to be original in this day with wheels so might as well get what you like right.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:43 PM   #7
G550plt's Tacoma Gallery
My other choice I'm considering would be the BBS wheels like I had on my 07 FJ. Completely different direction
Attached Thumbnails
What do you guys think?-1.jpg  
Old 12-16-2011, 12:44 PM   #8
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondog View Post
everyone has those rims

Everyone likes those gay rims. haha
Old 12-16-2011, 12:45 PM   #9

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My other choice I'm considering would be the BBS wheels like I had on my 07 FJ. Completely different direction
On a white truck? ewwwww
Old 12-16-2011, 12:54 PM   #10
G550plt's Tacoma Gallery
LOL.. Im very visual.. and have no creative brain.. all I can tell you is if I like it or not once I see it!
Old 12-16-2011, 12:55 PM   #11
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This > the bro rims in your original post.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:59 PM   #12
G550plt's Tacoma Gallery
well since were all obviously bored reading these forums right now.. anybody care to post their favorite wheels for a white tacoma? Open to ideas
Old 12-16-2011, 01:01 PM   #13

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery

Series 7047 - Flat Black Alloy Wheel by Pro Comp - 7047-2936
Old 12-16-2011, 01:03 PM   #14

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
I will be getting these for my blue truck

Series 7069 - Flat Black Alloy Wheel by Pro Comp - 7069-5165
Old 12-16-2011, 01:06 PM   #15
G550plt's Tacoma Gallery
I have the steelies on there now.. I was told the TPMS sensors are different for alloy wheels.. you guys confirm that?
Old 12-16-2011, 05:14 PM   #16
Blkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant future

Name: Sean
Blkturbo!'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well since were all obviously bored reading these forums right now.. anybody care to post their favorite wheels for a white tacoma? Open to ideas

On a white truck, i would steer away from:
1) chrome (way too 90s looking)
2)silver (too washed-out looking against white IMO)
in that order.

I would first get a black wheel....either a good looking flat black wheel, or a gloss black.

For me, I chose the gloss black (Hoss), but thats because i have a black truck (shiney black paint = shiney black wheels).
Old 12-16-2011, 05:59 PM   #17
G550plt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkturbo! View Post
On a white truck, i would steer away from:
1) chrome (way too 90s looking)
2)silver (too washed-out looking against white IMO)
in that order.

I would first get a black wheel....either a good looking flat black wheel, or a gloss black.

For me, I chose the gloss black (Hoss), but thats because i have a black truck (shiney black paint = shiney black wheels).
Thanks for the input.. Thoughts on a compromise, maybe a metallic graphite colored wheel?
Old 12-17-2011, 09:17 AM   #18
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
I would go the BBS route. Nothing screams cheesy like those silver and black wheels that are played out.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:58 AM   #19
G550plt's Tacoma Gallery
I ended up going with 17" first gen Sequoia wheels for now, there perfect width, comes right out to the edge of the fender, running 265/65/17's , this works for now.. Thanks for the input guys