Notices

Mickey Thompson Classic alloy reviews

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-16-2011, 05:26 PM   #1
Tacoma9396jrc is on a distinguished road
Name: Jacob
Tacoma9396jrc's Tacoma Gallery
Mickey Thompson Classic alloy reviews

I'm wanting to buy the Mickey Thompson Classic Alloy wheel. Almost all the reviews mention something about rusting or having to clean/polish it a lot, so I'm guessing they are not lying, but is there any kind of protection or clear coat or something I can put on it to prevent it from corrosion and rust? I'm from the south, they don't salt the roads around here so...are they gonna rust away and be a waste of money?
Old 12-17-2011, 02:45 PM   #2
DNG is on a distinguished road
DNG's Tacoma Gallery
What reviews are you reading? I have the MT Classic II in flat black and I haven't seen signs of rust. I haven't heard/read about any rust issues that either.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:52 PM   #3
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
ive heard about some sort of bad finish the black ones have too. dont remember where tho
Old 01-26-2012, 08:24 PM   #4
draddots is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Name: Dan
draddots's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNG View Post
What reviews are you reading? I have the MT Classic II in flat black and I haven't seen signs of rust. I haven't heard/read about any rust issues that either.
Are you running a larger than stock tire on your MTs? Any issue with rubbing?
Old 01-27-2012, 10:01 PM   #5
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
You shouldn't have any issues. just clean them periodically.