Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

General Grabber at2, nitto terra grappler or hankook atm??

View Poll Results: which tire to replace factory
hankook atm 31 31.96%
nitto terra grappler 37 38.14%
general at2 29 29.90%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-19-2011, 06:39 AM   #1
countrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

countrylivn's Tacoma Gallery
General Grabber at2, nitto terra grappler or hankook atm??

help me decide for new tires to replace the factory garbage .. thanks guys..
Old 12-19-2011, 06:57 AM   #2
Ive got tiger blood
0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
0BlackTaco6's Tacoma Gallery
dont have experience with the nittos or the hankooks but when i was buying tires those were the 3 that i was considering. They all seem pretty good. I went with the grabbers and i couldnt be happier. Aggressive look and they perform well in my opinion. havent done heavy off roading but the little ive done i have no complaints. They performed well in the snow as well. Im impressed with the wear also. Probably have 10,000 miles on them and they look brand new still. They have my vote.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:14 AM   #3
countrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cool thanks buddy, i have experience with nitto in the past but i havn't really delt with general. My only concern is safety... you think they are a good tire all around besides from look and wear.. meaning for the family dont want a blowout or anything!!!
Old 12-19-2011, 07:18 AM   #4
silver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
silver taco's Tacoma Gallery
I love my hankooks. Great on road and off. Just not good for mud. So far they've held up well with rocks too.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:23 AM   #6
jackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jackhart's Tacoma Gallery
i've had the nitto's on a different truck, great tire, but more expensive than the hankooks.

this time around i went with the hankooks, mostly because just about everyone on this forum who has them, loves them. i literally drove my new taco home from the dealer and sold the crappy dunlops the next day, and put the hankooks on. like i said, they are cheaper than almost any other comparable tire.

i only have 1000 miles on mine so far, so i can't really give you an informed opinion. need to see how they perform this winter, but i am expecting great things from them.

good luck with your decision.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:24 AM   #7
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver taco View Post
I love my hankooks. Great on road and off. Just not good for mud. So far they've held up well with rocks too.
x2

They do awesome in the sand as well
Old 12-19-2011, 07:25 AM   #8
Ive got tiger blood
0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by invstmntbnkr View Post
cool thanks buddy, i have experience with nitto in the past but i havn't really delt with general. My only concern is safety... you think they are a good tire all around besides from look and wear.. meaning for the family dont want a blowout or anything!!!
I dont want to give false information so ill just say ive had no problems with them at all. I dont know if they have had problems before but i trust the tires for myself.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:32 AM   #9

hey guys thanks for the replies.. can you post pics of them on each of your trucks?? or is that asking to much?
Old 12-19-2011, 07:39 AM   #10
jackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jackhart's Tacoma Gallery
not a problem. the hankooks (white letters out, which i usually don't do, just forgot to mention that when i had them installed. oh well.)

Old 12-19-2011, 07:47 AM   #11
gonzo435 is on a distinguished road
Name: ben
gonzo435's Tacoma Gallery
recently installed nitto terra grapplers very pleased , they ride good, are actually quieter than the highyway tread i had on before and look awesome!
Old 12-19-2011, 08:06 AM   #12
HypnoTaco is on a distinguished road

HypnoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I've had my AT2's on for about 1k now, and couldn't be happier with them.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:11 AM   #13
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
I think all 3 of those are good choices. I have the Nitto Terra Grapplers and I love them. I like the aggressive look and they are not too noisy - there is some road noise though, but you get that from just about every AT tire.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:19 AM   #14
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
I have had my gradders for about 18 months and I can't complain about them.

They are a very good tire in the snow. I have them on my truck ( 33 x 12.50) and on the wifes Rav4 ( 215....).

I will run either MTZs or Red Labels next time, but thats only because I want a little more agressive tire.

Good luck

Justin
Old 12-19-2011, 08:23 AM   #15
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
BFGs
Old 12-19-2011, 08:41 AM   #16

i love the bfg just dont want to spend that much money right now.. buying a house and just paid off all credit cards and have 650.00 in pocket for tires..
Old 12-19-2011, 08:43 AM   #17
Ive got tiger blood

Old 12-19-2011, 09:03 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0BlackTaco6 View Post
are you lifted ?? cant tell to dark lol
Old 12-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #19
Ive got tiger blood

nope, stock height with 265/70/17. Hopefully ill be throwing some billies in there shortly to bring up the front a little
Old 12-19-2011, 09:26 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0BlackTaco6 View Post
nope, stock height with 265/70/17. Hopefully ill be throwing some billies in there shortly to bring up the front a little

yeh .85 would look good on the 5100 with a non tsb rear pack .. if get the tsb rear pack i would raise the front 1.45-1.65 using the eibach springs on the 5100's at 0 setting