2nd gen wheel switch

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-19-2011, 02:37 PM   #1
greentaco15 is on a distinguished road
Name: Adam
greentaco15's Tacoma Gallery
2nd gen wheel switch

Hey Guys!
Ive got a question for all the taco guru's out there. Ive got a 2011 Tacoma TRD Sport PreRunner and I want to fit the XD addict rims on my truck. I would love to be able to do this without rubbing. I am aware that the addict rims are 17x9 which is an increase in width. I want to know if this is possible to do without lifting the truck and what size tire I would be able to run without any rubbing.
Also, would i have to do both the wheels and tires at the same time or would i be able to do them on separate trips. My current wheels and tires are completely stock on the 2011 Tacoma TRD Sport PreRunner model.
Thanks
Old 12-20-2011, 05:54 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
If you run a wheel with between 4.5" and 5.5" backspacing, you could run 265/70/17 if the tire is approved for 9" wide rims (depends on the manufacturer and can be found on their website). I have heard of one case of that tire size rubbing with 4.5" BS on a 9" wide wheel, but plenty of other folks run that setup with no problems.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:26 PM   #4
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentaco15 View Post
http://www.offroadunlimited.com/orus...dproduct=21254
this is the rim i want to run

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....rtnum=67QR7WDT
this is the tire i want to run

Possible?
You can run those wheels and tires on stock suspension, they should look pretty awesome too. The only potential issue you may run into is some rubbing on the mud flap because of the negative offset of the wheel, but it shouldn't be bad if it does.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:42 PM   #5
greentaco15 is on a distinguished road
Name: Adam
greentaco15's Tacoma Gallery
Would the chance for rubbing be removed if I take off the mud flaps?
Old 12-21-2011, 08:42 PM   #6
lundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
lundy's Tacoma Gallery
I'm gonna do the same tire on the same width. You'll be fine. It's only approved up to 8.5 wide but it's nothing to worry about.

Products Discussed in this Thread