LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

What color to paint?

View Poll Results: What color would you paint these wheels?
Gunmetal gray 15 60.00%
white 1 4.00%
Black 7 28.00%
Leave 'em alone stupid. 2 8.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-19-2011, 05:06 PM   #1
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sloan
RenoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
What color to paint?

I recently go some new to me rims from a fellow tacoma, some trd sport rims. Im not a huge fan of chrome shiny wheels so I will be painting them. They do need to be refinished as the clear coat is coming off.

I have the base model tacoma with the steel rims that are poo poo

My question is what color should I paint them other than black? Im thinking white or gunmetal gray or ????

What should I paint them to still look good? I will be keep my steelies for winter tires, so I will have black to go back.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:08 PM   #2
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
I have a nice one that's not on the list
Old 12-19-2011, 05:08 PM   #3
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Gun metal -
Old 12-19-2011, 05:08 PM   #4
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
What ever you do please dont do white rims
Old 12-19-2011, 05:09 PM   #5
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hot pink ftw
Old 12-19-2011, 05:12 PM   #6
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTHe FioLOxX View Post
I have a nice one that's not on the list
Alright lets hear it
Old 12-19-2011, 05:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoTacoma View Post
Alright lets hear it
It's in the post before yours
Old 12-19-2011, 05:23 PM   #8
Petrol head

Hotpink might not be a bad choice
Im thinking gunmetal grey.....
Old 12-19-2011, 05:25 PM   #9

jk black or gunmetal will look the best
Old 12-19-2011, 05:37 PM   #10
Petrol head

Im thinking this color too maybe
Old 12-19-2011, 05:37 PM   #11
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
purple
Old 12-19-2011, 05:38 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
purple
Yes it matches my truck
Old 12-19-2011, 05:43 PM   #13
Frankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant future

Frankoo1234's Tacoma Gallery
bronze
Old 12-20-2011, 05:45 PM   #14
Petrol head

I picked up the paint and sand paper. Im going with gunmetal gray, If I dont like it ill just paint it black
ill post up some pictures when they are done drying
Old 12-20-2011, 05:46 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoTacoma View Post
I picked up the paint and sand paper. Im going with gunmetal gray, If I dont like it ill just paint it black
ill post up some pictures when they are done drying
Awesome, good luck
Old 12-20-2011, 05:49 PM   #16
Petrol head

Im looking forward to the outcome, plus I got some pretty good 265s tires. I have 245s on right now
Old 12-21-2011, 07:56 PM   #17
Petrol head

Heres a crappy picture, Im really liking the way they look
Old 12-22-2011, 02:28 AM   #18
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you get the paint and did you take the weights off before painting?
Old 12-22-2011, 03:57 AM   #19
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
I recently picked up a set of TRD wheels also ($100)
Not sure if I'm going to paint them or not still haven't cleaned them up yet.
I'm gonna put some 265/75/16s on them for trail running and use the stock steelies & Dungflops for commuting.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:22 AM   #20
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty 06 4x4 View Post
Where did you get the paint and did you take the weights off before painting?
You should take the weights off before painting. Mark the tire and the weight so you can put them back in exactly the same spot when you're done. You might still need a rebalance if you mess up.