XD (Semi Black) 20 45.45%
Buckshots (Matte Black) 24 54.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-20-2011, 03:07 PM   #1
beeesmitty is on a distinguished road

beeesmitty's Tacoma Gallery
Help me choose, ordering tomorrow.

I'm ordering in the morning, whats your opinion? Highway driving with some snowy mountains mixed in. BSP DC 4x4, will be paired with 265/75/16 bfg's.

Thanks for your input!

Old 12-20-2011, 03:10 PM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I like the XD because of the lip, but don't like shiny black.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:13 PM   #3
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
just make sure they fit. not all aftermarket 16" wheels fit on our 2nd gens. You are also able to shave the brake caliper for extra clearance, just double check

Edit.

Did some searching looks like you would be fine with the XD hoss's, I have no idea bout the other wheel however.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:37 PM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I chose the buckshots since they are matte black. Yeah make sure if you plan on lifting in the future or get bigger tires you get the right offset and backspacing.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #5
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

well there yah go. looks like both fit..that is if Mr. giggity up there is runnin 16s
Old 12-20-2011, 03:42 PM   #6
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
o0o0o0o0o0o0. Tied it up. Intense
Old 12-20-2011, 03:43 PM   #7
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Looking at the rims by themselves I chose buckshot but a pic of your truck would be great or at least details on what kind you have.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:44 PM   #8
Resident Fishing Expert

black sand pearl DC is what we have thus far
Old 12-20-2011, 03:48 PM   #9
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
Though I like the Hoss a bit better, I voted for the Buckshots because I think they will look better in a 16" than the Hoss will. I personally don't like the Hoss in anything smaller than an 18".
Old 12-20-2011, 03:49 PM   #10
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick904 View Post
well there yah go. looks like both fit..that is if Mr. giggity up there is runnin 16s
I am running 18"s.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:50 PM   #11
Resident Fishing Expert

so then the buckshots are still unknowns ahah
Old 12-20-2011, 07:52 PM   #12
Fiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
Fiolo's Tacoma Gallery
Xds ftw
Old 12-20-2011, 08:21 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettBretterson View Post
Though I like the Hoss a bit better, I voted for the Buckshots because I think they will look better in a 16" than the Hoss will. I personally don't like the Hoss in anything smaller than an 18".
I guess I could get larger than 16 inch wheels, should I? I have just been Partial to the wheel to tire ratio with 16's. The truck is just a stock 4x4 DC black short bed, with an undercover bed cover and tinted windows.

You guys have been super helpful, keep the opinions and votes coming. Can't sleep over here trying to decide what to buy in the morning!
Old 12-20-2011, 08:22 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick904 View Post
so then the buckshots are still unknowns ahah
They are sold at discount tire and are according to them are guaranteed to fit.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:24 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
I chose the buckshots since they are matte black. Yeah make sure if you plan on lifting in the future or get bigger tires you get the right offset and backspacing.
At this point in time I intend on doing nothing more than maybe leveling it out one day, maybe.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:57 PM   #16
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeesmitty View Post
I guess I could get larger than 16 inch wheels, should I? I have just been Partial to the wheel to tire ratio with 16's. The truck is just a stock 4x4 DC black short bed, with an undercover bed cover and tinted windows.

You guys have been super helpful, keep the opinions and votes coming. Can't sleep over here trying to decide what to buy in the morning!
If you like the look of that size tire and don't plan on running anything bigger in the future, I'd say keep things simple and stay with 16's. I still vote Buckshot.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:24 AM   #17

This whole poll did nothing but confuse me even more. I'm waiting on the price difference. The guy is working it up now.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:36 AM   #18
bizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to behold

bizjettech's Tacoma Gallery
Just an FYI - I got these for sale.....http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...17-nittos.html
Old 12-26-2011, 06:50 AM   #19
alexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
alexander323bc's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.prestigeautotechcorp.com/bsv-466.aspx anyone seen these on a tacoma? they make in a 16