Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

285s with a lift?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-21-2011, 07:42 AM   #1
The One The Only
rhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mitchell
rhion82's Tacoma Gallery
285s with a lift?

So i just installed a 3" lift (http://tinyurl.com/bma2xrw) on my tacoma. I have moto metal wheels that have a backspacing of 4.50 I believe. My question is if i put a set of 285/75/16 A/T tires on how much trimming will have to be done if any? Thanks for the Help
Old 12-21-2011, 07:45 AM   #2
fishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
fishntaco's Tacoma Gallery
A good bit of plastic and possibly chop the cab mounts. Search around the site, this question has been covered alot.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:07 AM   #3
The One The Only
rhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhion82's Tacoma Gallery
Oh and I will not be wheeling in this truck so More than likely it will not be maxed out.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:09 AM   #4
countrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

countrylivn's Tacoma Gallery
just a bit of the back plastic of the fender flare ...not much at all .. can use a nice razor blade or dremel .. and you will be good to go .. and kinda depends on if you are running mt or at tires.... at dont have as deep tread so dont catch on as mutch on the boddy pieces..
Old 12-21-2011, 08:09 AM   #5
fishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
fishntaco's Tacoma Gallery
If it wont be flexing you probly wont have to do the cab mount chop, but it varies from truck to truck. You will still have to trim plastic inside the fender well though.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:11 AM   #6
The One The Only

rhion82's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I figured I would have to cut the plastic but im just worried about the cab mount being cut. I will be buying AT tires too.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:12 AM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
also, a good alignment w/ around 2.5-3* of caster will help out on less trimming at the rear of the fender well.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:16 AM   #8
The One The Only

rhion82's Tacoma Gallery
Here is the tire I will be putting on in the morning at discounttire store in Alcoa.

They have refereed me to another tire shop that will do my alignment at a good price. so hopefully I will not have to do the chop on the cab.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:20 AM   #9
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
I've got almost an identical lift, just trimmed some plastic, and all is well.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:21 AM   #10
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhion82 View Post
Here is the tire I will be putting on in the morning at discounttire store in Alcoa.

They have refereed me to another tire shop that will do my alignment at a good price. so hopefully I will not have to do the chop on the cab.
i'd go ahead and get a firestone lifetime alignment if there are any close to ya. paid $150 and mine has been aligned 6-8 times easily.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:58 AM   #11
countrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

countrylivn's Tacoma Gallery
yeh op you shouldnt have to cab mount chop ..
Old 12-22-2011, 11:56 AM   #12
Ernesto is on a distinguished road

Army:
Name: Ernesto
Ernesto's Tacoma Gallery
What was the tire size you ended up with? What is the size of your wheels?
Old 12-22-2011, 12:31 PM   #13
The One The Only

rhion82's Tacoma Gallery
I went with the tires above. 285/75/16 so far no issues. I went ahead and trimmed a little plastic yesterday
Old 12-22-2011, 12:40 PM   #14
USCoastGuard12 is on a distinguished road

Name: Conner
USCoastGuard12's Tacoma Gallery
this is how much i had to trim off.http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s...5/limit/recent
Old 12-22-2011, 12:41 PM   #15

Old 12-22-2011, 01:04 PM   #16
The One The Only

rhion82's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCoastGaurd12 View Post
Yeah I trimmed above that a few inches nothing noticeable.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:12 PM   #17
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BlueTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Not bad. I have those tires with a 3" lift. Rubs on full turn but thats about it
Old 12-22-2011, 07:10 PM   #18
Frostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Frostbyte's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCoastGaurd12 View Post
you running 285/70/17?
Old 12-23-2011, 04:25 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbyte View Post
you running 285/70/17?
Yea
Old 12-23-2011, 04:32 PM   #20
The One The Only

rhion82's Tacoma Gallery