Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

HELP! Tire size question

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-22-2011, 12:57 AM   #1
MonStar
Koov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
HELP! Tire size question

I am thinking about getting some Raceline Renegade 6 in 17x9 Black tomorrow. Will these wheels be able to mount 265/65/17 tires on them? I can also run 265/70/17 too correct?

I just want to make sure because I am running 265/65/17 now on my Sport wheels. I believe they are 17x7.5? and Raceline would be 17x9. Any issues to transfer tire over to my new wheels.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:08 AM   #2
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
check the back spacing and caliper clearance you may need to run wheel spacers
Old 12-22-2011, 10:30 AM   #3
MonStar
Koov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
anyone? please chime in!
Old 12-22-2011, 10:41 AM   #4
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koov View Post
I am thinking about getting some Raceline Renegade 6 in 17x9 Black tomorrow. Will these wheels be able to mount 265/65/17 tires on them? I can also run 265/70/17 too correct?

I just want to make sure because I am running 265/65/17 now on my Sport wheels. I believe they are 17x7.5? and Raceline would be 17x9. Any issues to transfer tire over to my new wheels.
Yes, you can fit either of those tire sizes on the Renegades, and you'll have no issues transferring your tires to them. Are you buying the wheels new?
Old 12-22-2011, 10:43 AM   #5
MonStar

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
No, used. I just wanted to make sure they fit on my stock tires.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:43 AM   #6
TotalBrutal is a jewel in the roughTotalBrutal is a jewel in the roughTotalBrutal is a jewel in the rough

Name: Dan
TotalBrutal's Tacoma Gallery
Most 265/65/17 tires that i have seen are fine for a 9inch wide rim, most of them being approved for up to a 9.5. Check the tire manufacturers website for whatever brand and size of tire you want to run, they will tell you under tire specifications. You should be fine for most tires though
Old 12-22-2011, 10:45 AM   #7
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koov View Post
No, used. I just wanted to make sure they fit on my stock tires.
That's what I thought, the Sammamish ones?
Old 12-22-2011, 10:48 AM   #8
MonStar

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
LOL...yes..what do you think Brett? Pretty good price huh? I would be mounting them with Michelin MS2's in 265/65. Not sure what I would do with my stock wheels. Probably put them on craigslist.