Notices

tps and new rims

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-22-2011, 04:39 PM   #1
Patmac has a spectacular aura aboutPatmac has a spectacular aura about

Name: Pat
Patmac's Tacoma Gallery
tps and new rims

ive been a ford guy and ive recently come to the toyota world, ive never had to deal with tire pressure sensors! (had them on a 07 mustang gt, but that thing is what convinced me to go toyota)

if i want to get new rims, what do i have to do to transfer tps? teach me jedi council, i know nothing haha
Old 12-22-2011, 04:47 PM   #2
I'm proficient with both chainsaw and shotgun...
Kangonia is one of the sharper tools in the shedKangonia is one of the sharper tools in the shedKangonia is one of the sharper tools in the shedKangonia is one of the sharper tools in the shedKangonia is one of the sharper tools in the shedKangonia is one of the sharper tools in the shedKangonia is one of the sharper tools in the shedKangonia is one of the sharper tools in the shedKangonia is one of the sharper tools in the shedKangonia is one of the sharper tools in the shedKangonia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Kangonia's Tacoma Gallery
I got my new rims and the OEM tpms wouldn't work on my rims... It was $250 extra to get that issue resolved.. I chose to have the extra $250 in my pocket.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:49 PM   #3

Patmac's Tacoma Gallery
so your saying 250 in your pocket and a new light on the dash?
Old 12-22-2011, 04:52 PM   #4
Kangonia is one of the sharper tools in the shedKangonia is one of the sharper tools in the shedKangonia is one of the sharper tools in the shedKangonia is one of the sharper tools in the shedKangonia is one of the sharper tools in the shedKangonia is one of the sharper tools in the shedKangonia is one of the sharper tools in the shedKangonia is one of the sharper tools in the shedKangonia is one of the sharper tools in the shedKangonia is one of the sharper tools in the shedKangonia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pretty much... and spent that $250 on other mods!
Old 12-22-2011, 04:53 PM   #5

Patmac's Tacoma Gallery
ten foh, truck looks good btw
Old 12-22-2011, 04:55 PM   #6

Thanks man... Welcome to TW! Super Whites FTW!
Old 12-22-2011, 05:06 PM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Almost all aftermarket rims these days accept the tpms from your stock alloys.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:07 PM   #9
bgsmith will become famous soon enough

Name: Brian
bgsmith's Tacoma Gallery
Should work fine, any decent shop should be able to transfer them. I was told by numerous people they wouldn't work in my new wheels, sure enough they did and they work fine.
Old 12-25-2011, 02:41 PM   #11
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubenc87 View Post
Discount tire just charged my friend $7.50 per TPMS as a calibration fee. I told her that was a B/S fee.
Calibration fee, or rebuild fee? They don't need to be recalibrated if you are using the same sensors.
Old 12-25-2011, 02:50 PM   #12
bgsmith will become famous soon enough

Name: Brian
bgsmith's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Calibration fee, or rebuild fee? They don't need to be recalibrated if you are using the same sensors.
Yup, most places will charge about $7 for TPMS, while they charge about $3 for rubber valve stems.