Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

lift height / tire size question

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-22-2011, 08:29 PM   #1
Frostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Frostbyte's Tacoma Gallery
lift height / tire size question

i have the 5100, 2" aal and 885x lift sitting in my garage, waiting on wheels and tires for 1 big install. im hoping to be closer to 3" instead of closer to 2.5, but quick question, im looking at 275/70/18 (33x11x18) and seeing that most people arent using this size tire, was wondering if anyone has used this size with this lift, and what the fitment is like? I am assuming the fit is close to the 285/70/17, but using the tire size calculator, there is about 1/2 inch difference in height and width of the tire, just wondering if it makes that much of a difference.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
yoyak is on a distinguished road
yoyak's Tacoma Gallery
Did you ever pull the trigger on this tire size? I'm wanting to do exactly what you were talking about (3" OME with 275 70 18).

So....any progress?

Thanks
Old 03-11-2012, 07:15 AM   #3
Frostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Frostbyte's Tacoma Gallery
no, sold all the parts i had for the lift and bought a 6" lift instead.