Notices

MB 72 and Firestone MT

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-27-2011, 07:25 AM   #1
supermatt82 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
supermatt82's Tacoma Gallery
MB 72 and Firestone MT

Hey guys...scored an awesome deal on some Firestone Destination M/T's last night. 265/75R16's. If I order a 16" MB72 in Matte Black with a -6 offset, should I run into any issues? I want them to stick out a little, and the guys at Discount think I should be ok. Any thoughts?
Old 12-27-2011, 07:27 AM   #2
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
What deal did you get on the Firestones? I got the same ones, you won't be disappointed
Old 12-27-2011, 07:28 AM   #3
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hudson
hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Specs sound good to me, you shouldn't have any issues at all.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:41 AM   #4

Bought them off of our local Craiglist. In excellent condition. The previous owner used them as his winter tires for 1 season in Colorado before he moved to Texas. They MAY have 5K on them, if even that. Mounted on a set of Chevy wheels. I gave him $350 for the package, and he is giving me $50 back for the wheels. I feel like it was a good deal. The tractor company I work at is a Firestone Dealer, and our cost on the tires is $217 each.....
Old 12-27-2011, 09:13 AM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermatt82 View Post
Bought them off of our local Craiglist. In excellent condition. The previous owner used them as his winter tires for 1 season in Colorado before he moved to Texas. They MAY have 5K on them, if even that. Mounted on a set of Chevy wheels. I gave him $350 for the package, and he is giving me $50 back for the wheels. I feel like it was a good deal. The tractor company I work at is a Firestone Dealer, and our cost on the tires is $217 each.....
So they were on a Chevy? If they are hubcentric then the hub role isn't big enough for tacomas.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
So they were on a Chevy? If they are hubcentric then the hub role isn't big enough for tacomas.
They were on stock Chevy wheels...I am ordering new MB72's from Discount for my Toyota.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:27 PM   #7
Wheel and Tire Guys
Discount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant future

Discount Tire Direct's Tacoma Gallery
Did you order your MB72's yet? Lets see some pics!
Old 12-27-2011, 01:34 PM   #8
Night In The Ruts!
09DC4X4 has a spectacular aura about09DC4X4 has a spectacular aura about09DC4X4 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Brian
09DC4X4's Tacoma Gallery
You will like the 72's

You will want the 8.5" wide and 4.5" backspace.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:02 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09DC4X4 View Post
You will want the 8.5" wide and 4.5" backspace.
I know I am getting the 8.5 wide, but not sure on "backspace"....I let them know that i wanted them to stick out further, and he recommended the -6 offset.

Can you tell me the difference on the -6 offset and the 4.5 backspace? Sorry I don't have the knowledge behind all of this; figured its better to ask!
Old 12-27-2011, 02:05 PM   #10
Wheel and Tire Guys
Discount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant future

A wheel that is 8.5" wide with a -6mm offset has a 4.5" backspace. Your good to go.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:10 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire Direct View Post
A wheel that is 8.5" wide with a -6mm offset has a 4.5" backspace. Your good to go.
Sweet...thanks! The wheels are ordered...should be here in 2-3 days!
Old 12-27-2011, 02:37 PM   #12
Wheel and Tire Guys

Awesome! Great choice. Looking forward to seeing some pics.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:15 PM   #13
He said "Member," ahuh huh
Appljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeremy
Appljaxx's Tacoma Gallery
I have had these tires in my garage for a month. Im going to wipe the drool of and get them installed tomorrow. Are you going white in or white out? Ive got a super white '12 so im thinking about going white lettering out.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:28 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appljaxx View Post
I have had these tires in my garage for a month. Im going to wipe the drool of and get them installed tomorrow. Are you going white in or white out? Ive got a super white '12 so im thinking about going white lettering out.
Going white in...wanting the all black look!
Old 12-27-2011, 03:56 PM   #15
Night In The Ruts!
09DC4X4 has a spectacular aura about09DC4X4 has a spectacular aura about09DC4X4 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Brian
09DC4X4's Tacoma Gallery
I bought from Discount Tire ard they were great. You won't be disappointed. Look at the pics in my gallery and that is what your wheels and truck will look like.
Attached Thumbnails
MB 72 and Firestone MT-truck-011.jpg  
Old 12-27-2011, 07:47 PM   #16
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
whats the tread rating on the MT's? i see this FJ at school all the time with them and they look bad ass
Old 12-27-2011, 08:15 PM   #17
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Destination MTs....

Yummy.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:20 PM   #18
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Won't 8.5 rub . Even 8's rub ? With no lift ?
Old 12-28-2011, 06:24 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
I didn't list it earlier, but I do have a 3" lift......think they may rub still?
Old 12-28-2011, 07:34 AM   #20
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
I ran 9s with no lift.