Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

new wheels and tires

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-28-2011, 03:42 AM   #1
trd sport is on a distinguished road
trd sport's Tacoma Gallery
new wheels and tires

When ordering online, for wheels and tires some vendors offer mounting and balancing. What do most people do on TW, about the TPMS? Do you get new ones through the vendor or just delete them? Is it true that the TPMS needs to be calibrated to our trucks?
Old 12-28-2011, 08:46 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I would buy the wheels and tires unmounted, and reuse the tpms from your wheels. They won't need to be calibrated again because you are using the same sensors.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:23 PM   #3
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
I would buy the wheels and tires unmounted, and reuse the tpms from your wheels. They won't need to be calibrated again because you are using the same sensors.
solid advice there
Old 12-29-2011, 08:31 AM   #4
Interweb wheeler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
If you are good about checking your tires you could pass on swapping them. Also the light on the dash, if you can put up with it or cover it you don't need to use the sensors
Old 12-29-2011, 03:54 PM   #5
Beretta Taco
Mescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant future

Firefighter: Come from a family of Army and Air Force
Name: Matt
Mescalero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
I agree with this too! Then take em to somewhere like wally world and get mount and lifetime balance for $60