Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Lug Nut Size HELP!!!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-28-2011, 10:11 AM   #1
rocesride is on a distinguished road
rocesride's Tacoma Gallery
Lug Nut Size HELP!!!

I have a 2008 Tacoma double cab 4x4 4.0L with TRD offroad package. I am looking to get new lug nuts (rounded off one) and want to go with black since I plan on painting the rims. Need help on what size to get to fit the OEM alloy wheels. PLEASE HELP!
Old 12-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #2
Come and take them.
bendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
bendbolden's Tacoma Gallery
It will be a 12mmx1.5 shank style. You can get the OEM style ones on ebay that are supposed to be better than the crappy ones that came on it. I just ordered these as they are designed like the OEM ones and should work for the spare steely but they may be hard to find in black. Gorilla makes some black ones but they won't have the beveled end like these. Just make sure you get the shank style and not acorn.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260864016043...84.m1497.l2649
Old 12-30-2011, 09:47 AM   #4
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendbolden View Post
It will be a 12mmx1.5 shank style. You can get the OEM style ones on ebay that are supposed to be better than the crappy ones that came on it. I just ordered these as they are designed like the OEM ones and should work for the spare steely but they may be hard to find in black. Gorilla makes some black ones but they won't have the beveled end like these. Just make sure you get the shank style and not acorn.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260864016043...84.m1497.l2649
I was thinking about getting these too, may I ask what makes you say they are better than the factory ones?
Old 12-30-2011, 09:52 AM   #5
Come and take them.
bendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shed

They are a solid one piece nut where the factory ones have a casing over the actual nut that can deform, expand, and even twist off over time. And they are cheaper and should still work with the spare steel wheel since they have the little beveled edge.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:01 AM   #6
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendbolden View Post
They are a solid one piece nut where the factory ones have a casing over the actual nut that can deform, expand, and even twist off over time. And they are cheaper and should still work with the spare steel wheel since they have the little beveled edge.
great thanks, i'll be purchasing these right now then, they are cheaper than pretty much anybody even selling used ones on here, unless they are giving them away!
Old 12-30-2011, 10:04 AM   #8
Come and take them.

Yeah I almost bought a set on here from a guy because I thought you needed them for the spare. After more research I saw these will work for the spare. You should call the dealer and ask what they charge for them! It's crazy.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:15 AM   #9

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
i've read they charge like $6-8 per, but even autozone charges $2 per nut, which I think is already too much $$$$, I just bought the ones you had listed on ebay, THANKS!!
Old 12-30-2011, 10:21 AM   #10
Come and take them.

Mine are supposed to come in today. Remember to torque them to 85 ft lbs.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:08 PM   #12

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
i would think those would fit, but keep in mind that acorn style is for the steel wheels, the aluminum wheels would use the shank/mag style, and i'm not sure about aftermarket
Old 02-21-2012, 09:17 PM   #13
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Gorilla makes a black one that's dimensionally interchangeable with the OE lugnuts, PN 73138TBC.

$3.62 ea.
http://www.brandsport.com/grla-73138tbc.html
Old 02-22-2012, 10:37 AM   #14
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
For aftermarket Aluminum wheels, you need the Gorrila Spline Drive Extended Thread Lug Nuts. We have them in both Chrome and Black.

For Factory Alloy Wheels, you need the Factory flange style nut with integrated washer.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:31 PM   #15
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
For aftermarket Aluminum wheels, you need the Gorrila Spline Drive Extended Thread Lug Nuts. We have them in both Chrome and Black.

For Factory Alloy Wheels, you need the Factory flange style nut with integrated washer.
They are available in black now?

And here I was thinking the only thing that would make my truck blacker was a bucket of KFC in the passenger seat. I'll be calling shortly!
Old 02-22-2012, 02:58 PM   #16
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
They are available in black now?

And here I was thinking the only thing that would make my truck blacker was a bucket of KFC in the passenger seat. I'll be calling shortly!
The Spline Drive ET are available in Black.

The Factory Style are Not.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:17 PM   #17
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Buy from Wheelers!!!
Great people and great vendor
Old 05-28-2014, 07:10 PM   #18
lyodbraun is on a distinguished road

Army:
lyodbraun's Tacoma Gallery
Is the size in th op post same size my 06 would use ? I noticed one of the shells on the lugs is starting to bulge.... And looking to get some new one piece lugs...
Old 05-28-2014, 07:56 PM   #19

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyodbraun View Post
Is the size in th op post same size my 06 would use ? I noticed one of the shells on the lugs is starting to bulge.... And looking to get some new one piece lugs...
yep the size would be the same
Old 05-29-2014, 05:07 PM   #20
lyodbraun is on a distinguished road

Army:
lyodbraun's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks are the lugs for gorilla all one piece ? I'm looking at these http://wheelersoffroad.com/product/w...ts-12mm-x-1-5/ thanks for the help ..