Notices

backspacing and offset of rims

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-29-2011, 07:24 PM   #1
gmarxen is on a distinguished road
Name: Greg
gmarxen's Tacoma Gallery
Cool backspacing and offset of rims

I have a 2004 tacoma. I have a set of BFG all terrain 32x11.5 tires. I want to put them on a set of 15x8 rims with -19 offset and 3.7 backspacing. Can anyone tell me if I will have any trouble with rubbing on the mudflaps or anywhere else. my truck does not have a lift in it.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:19 PM   #2
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
i don't a have a definite answer, but i believe they're going to rub. at stock height, i was barely clearing with 265/70/17. the shallow negative offset isn't helping your cause either.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:56 PM   #3
lil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant future

Name: Jacen
lil J's Tacoma Gallery
On a first gen tacoma the backspacing is either +20 or + 25, I don't think the negative backspace is gonna help you. There's a dumbass on here complaning about his calipers rubbing, but he doesn't want to use spacers, doesn't want to grind the calipers, but buys wheels with negative backspace and bitches because they rub. Don't be like that dumbass
Old 12-30-2011, 06:33 PM   #4
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil J View Post
On a first gen tacoma the backspacing is either +20 or + 25, I don't think the negative backspace is gonna help you. There's a dumbass on here complaning about his calipers rubbing, but he doesn't want to use spacers, doesn't want to grind the calipers, but buys wheels with negative backspace and bitches because they rub. Don't be like that dumbass
A little harsh, but I do want to add that rubbing on the caliper has nothing to do with the wheels having a negative offset. It's more so the design of the spokes and/or mounting pad of the wheel. Too much negative offset and you're more prone to rub on the cab mount and/or front bumper depending on the tire size.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
gmarxen is on a distinguished road
Name: Greg
gmarxen's Tacoma Gallery
Cool offset

thanks for your input. Sounds like I will have to lift the front end an inch or two to get this to work.