Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

How do I ship a set of 4 wheels/tires????

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-30-2011, 09:34 AM   #1
bizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to behold

bizjettech's Tacoma Gallery
How do I ship a set of 4 wheels/tires????

Guys, for those of you out there that have sold and shipped a set of 4 17 wheels WITH tires mounted on the wheels,.......how did you do it?

Who ships these reasonable? UPS? how did you do it? Do they need to be strapped together on a skid or something? Do they each need to be boxed?

I have a set I want to sell and doing some homework on just how I would ship them to a buyer ???

Thanks
Old 12-30-2011, 09:40 AM   #2
Jdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Daniel
Jdaniel1274's Tacoma Gallery
I separate the tires from the rims and shipped them separately. Went to a tire store, got the wheel boxes, from new wheels the tire store just sold and used those boxes. Then took them to UPS.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:41 AM   #3
Jdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Daniel
Jdaniel1274's Tacoma Gallery
But the easiest way is to sell them local, if you can!
Old 12-30-2011, 10:46 AM   #5
bizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to behold

bizjettech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdaniel1274 View Post
But the easiest way is to sell them local, if you can!
Yeah, think that is easiest.......THANKS everyone.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:13 AM   #6
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
I cut out cardboard to cover the wheel (both sides) and wrapped them in plastic wrap then used a banding strap (I convinced a Lowes employess to let me use their banding machine). They were really expensive to ship, about $70 each but the buyer paid. I used UPS.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:58 PM   #7
Skunkman is a jewel in the roughSkunkman is a jewel in the roughSkunkman is a jewel in the rough

Army:
Skunkman's Tacoma Gallery
I had the buyer line everything up, and all I had to do was deliver them to the freight yard, and used 2 ratchet straps to stack all 4 tires and rims on a pallet, and strapped them to it. They were pretty good size tires, 315-75-17's off a Hummer H2
Old 12-30-2011, 04:00 PM   #8
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
when I got my tires delivered they just had stickers on them and the guy sat them in front of my garage..
Old 12-30-2011, 04:01 PM   #9
jackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jackhart's Tacoma Gallery
don't forget to check greyhound. they will ship stuff via their buses and it's usually alot cheaper than ups or fedex.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #10
gopedguy101 will become famous soon enoughgopedguy101 will become famous soon enough

gopedguy101's Tacoma Gallery
bump
theres got to be a better way than UPS or something
Old 01-06-2012, 02:02 PM   #11
lundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
lundy's Tacoma Gallery
I ship on a pallet. I also have the resources to do so easily though while others may not. Pallets are always the cheapest though. I just shipped 4 wheels and 4 tires not mounted from NV to TX for about $200 total
Old 01-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #12
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
There is a thread on here somewhere about posting to let other members know when they are traveling in to/from the areas you are shipping to/from to do you a favor and save on shipping cost. It's a good idea, just going to be hard to find someone going to the right place at the right time. I can't remember the thread title and can't find it. Maybe someone else knows the one I'm talking about?