Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Best tires you've ever owned?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-30-2011, 04:26 PM   #1
Bastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to behold
Name: Angel
Bastaardo's Tacoma Gallery
Best tires you've ever owned?

I've owned several Goodyears, BFGs, Firestones, Coopers, and others. Hands down the best tires I've ever owned have been Goodyear Silent Armors. Had them on my first Taco (31's), Silverado (32's), and will be getting another set for my new Taco soon. Not saying the others are garbage, but have had the best luck with these.
I live in a hilly area, drive in snow a lot, rain, and do some light off roading while hitting my hunting spots. These tires have never failed me.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
SLACK3R is a splendid one to beholdSLACK3R is a splendid one to beholdSLACK3R is a splendid one to beholdSLACK3R is a splendid one to beholdSLACK3R is a splendid one to beholdSLACK3R is a splendid one to beholdSLACK3R is a splendid one to beholdSLACK3R is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
SLACK3R's Tacoma Gallery
I am running 35" BFG km2's on my silverado now and I love them there quite they clear the mud and rocks grip good and look good.

before I had Goodyear MTR's the older design I liked those too but once they wore they got loud and started grabbing every rut on the road

bfg all terrains are ok they like to hold mud and snow

on my new taco I thing I'm going to go with the Goodyear duratracs
Old 10-07-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
Taco Schlagzeuger
907doublebass is on a distinguished road
Army: Disabled Vet, former truck driver(88M) of 377th and 11th HET
907doublebass's Tacoma Gallery
I've been running Goodyear Duratracs for about 2years now in snow,mud,ice,rain,etc. typical Alaskan weather and they have never done me wrong. Been seeing a lot of other folks running those silent armors too, seem like a good tire.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:21 PM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
BFG All Terrains hands down! Great off road and even better on! I won't buy any other tires from here on out.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #5
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
BFG All Terrains hands down! Great off road and even better on! I won't buy any other tires from here on out.
X2
Old 10-08-2012, 05:44 AM   #6
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
X2
I can agree, love the ATs, but I'm a sucker for the MTs.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #7
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
The best off-road tire I've run to date is by far the Hercules Trail Digger M/T.

The multiple times I've run the BFG A/T they have been average at best.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:41 PM   #8
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Kelly's by far when it came to all around tire performance.....BUT that was running them on EVERYTHING I owned...both Kenworth Tractors and the Dump trailers; the Camry wagon and the Ranger had them also....

When I moved back to NH we cycled through tires unless I "Bit" the $$$ and purchased Michelins; 3 Camry's,a 4-Runner and the '99 Taco ended up with them with GREAT wear and no problems...

This Tacoma has had 3 sets of tires in 64000 miles( over 10 years ) and the OEM Bridgestones SUCKED,the Geos were good for the price I paid and we are hoping the AT2's can go the 50-60000 range..

My Honda Ridgeline sits with Michelins at the corners and they are like "iron" less the small cracking starting on the sidewalls...sitting still for almost a year in FLORIDA's great sunshine HELPED this but the Pilot before it had 48000 miles and those Michelins were still over 1/2 thread ...

Thats my 2 cents BUT I wll ad that my tire dealer in FLORIDA also made a GREAT difference in keeping me loyal with GOOD SERVICE...
Old 10-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #9
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Rick
wolftree's Tacoma Gallery
I have averaged over 100,000 miles for each set of Michelin LTX M/S and M/S2s I have ran. Excellent wet and dry traction, good in snow, quiet and comfortable. Couple these things with handling and corner beyond belief for a truck and you have tires definetly worth looking into.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #11
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
BFG ATs