1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best tires you've ever owned?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Bastaardo, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Dec 30, 2011 at 4:26 PM
    Bastaardo

Bastaardo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Angel
    Dirty Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2010 double cab
    Nada yet, just a Bestop
    I've owned several Goodyears, BFGs, Firestones, Coopers, and others. Hands down the best tires I've ever owned have been Goodyear Silent Armors. Had them on my first Taco (31's), Silverado (32's), and will be getting another set for my new Taco soon. Not saying the others are garbage, but have had the best luck with these.
    I live in a hilly area, drive in snow a lot, rain, and do some light off roading while hitting my hunting spots. These tires have never failed me.

2. Oct 7, 2012 at 7:32 PM
    SLACK3R

SLACK3R Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Tucson AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 dc trd or
    5100 front/rear, OME 885's, diff/carrier drop, 13/10mm spacers, Wheelers 2" AAL, LED map and dome lenses Bed mat MORE TO COME
    I am running 35" BFG km2's on my silverado now and I love them there quite they clear the mud and rocks grip good and look good.

before I had Goodyear MTR's the older design I liked those too but once they wore they got loud and started grabbing every rut on the road

bfg all terrains are ok they like to hold mud and snow

on my new taco I thing I'm going to go with the Goodyear duratracs

3. Oct 7, 2012 at 8:07 PM
    907doublebass

907doublebass Just a practical Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma, Base, Regular Cab
    12" MA audio subwoofer, JL audio amplifier, DICE IPod adapter, 2.5" AAL's + 1" Rough Country Block, Rancho Quicklift Loaded Struts, Undercover Swing Cases, K2 Motors LED taillights, Total Chaos UCA's, Toytec Front Differential Drop Kit and a Rhino-Lined ARE Canopy Cover.
    I've been running Goodyear Duratracs for about 2years now in snow,mud,ice,rain,etc. typical Alaskan weather and they have never done me wrong. Been seeing a lot of other folks running those silent armors too, seem like a good tire.

4. Oct 7, 2012 at 11:21 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    BFG All Terrains hands down! Great off road and even better on! I won't buy any other tires from here on out.

5. Oct 7, 2012 at 11:24 PM
    BAMFTACO

BAMFTACO Another day another beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    Woodlandland hills , CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AC Prerunner
    Kings bruh
    X2

6. Oct 8, 2012 at 5:44 AM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    I can agree, love the ATs, but I'm a sucker for the MTs.

7. Oct 8, 2012 at 9:10 AM
    Maticuno

Maticuno Resident Pine Swine

Member:
    California High Deserts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Suburban 2500
    JBA Shorty Headers, Flowmaster FlowFX Sing/Dual Exhaust
    The best off-road tire I've run to date is by far the Hercules Trail Digger M/T.

The multiple times I've run the BFG A/T they have been average at best.

8. Oct 8, 2012 at 2:41 PM
    snoope

snoope Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winter Haven Florida
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra Limited 4x4
    Kelly's by far when it came to all around tire performance.....BUT that was running them on EVERYTHING I owned...both Kenworth Tractors and the Dump trailers; the Camry wagon and the Ranger had them also....

When I moved back to NH we cycled through tires unless I "Bit" the $$$ and purchased Michelins; 3 Camry's,a 4-Runner and the '99 Taco ended up with them with GREAT wear and no problems...

This Tacoma has had 3 sets of tires in 64000 miles( over 10 years ) and the OEM Bridgestones SUCKED,the Geos were good for the price I paid and we are hoping the AT2's can go the 50-60000 range..

My Honda Ridgeline sits with Michelins at the corners and they are like "iron" less the small cracking starting on the sidewalls...sitting still for almost a year in FLORIDA's great sunshine :cool: HELPED this but the Pilot before it had 48000 miles and those Michelins were still over 1/2 thread ;)...

Thats my 2 cents BUT I wll ad that my tire dealer in FLORIDA also made a GREAT difference in keeping me loyal with GOOD SERVICE...:)

9. Oct 8, 2012 at 4:16 PM
    wolftree

wolftree Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 Regular cab automatic trans,
    Rear Leaf TSB, Bilstein 5100s, extra leaf added
    I have averaged over 100,000 miles for each set of Michelin LTX M/S and M/S2s I have ran. Excellent wet and dry traction, good in snow, quiet and comfortable. Couple these things with handling and corner beyond belief for a truck and you have tires definetly worth looking into.

10. Oct 8, 2012 at 5:26 PM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Black,Sport,Premium and Tech Package
    Sport pedals,, Magnaflow cat back exhaust system,Kuhmo 275x55x20, Platinum #220 Abyss wheels 20x9.5. Under hood lights, OEM LED cargo bed lights, extra D-rings installed in bed, AC mod, diff. breather mod, OEM LED puddle lights and footwell lights, Homelink mirror, oil catch can, raptor grille lights, replaced chrome grille molding with black molding, tailgate lock/unlock and tailgate opener, console organizer, glove compartment organizer, Caliraised stealth LED light bar, TRD Cold Air Intake, Lighted cup holders, Meso extended fuse cover, Meso stage 1 tail lights, Meso switch panel, Door bowl lights. Anytime front and rear backup camera mod. TRD Pro Rigid fog lights.Door edge guards. TRD Pro shift knob with Boomer's TRD LED light (Red for security, blue for interior), Glass Break Sensor, sensor with LED light tied into the security LED light, OEM LED Headlights, Sequential LED Turn Signals.
    Mickey Thompson Baja STZ.

11. Oct 8, 2012 at 5:28 PM
    Rippin101

Rippin101 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Jax Beach, FL
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Sport 4x4
    -Nitto G2 265/70/17 -Level 8 MK6 Wheels -Katzkin Leather Black on Black -BHLM -Weathertech -Extang Solid Fold -Bedlight LEDs -TRD Skid
    BFG ATs

Products Discussed in

To Top