Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

285's on stock 16 inch rims

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #1
roberts white lightning is one of the sharper tools in the shedroberts white lightning is one of the sharper tools in the shedroberts white lightning is one of the sharper tools in the shedroberts white lightning is one of the sharper tools in the shedroberts white lightning is one of the sharper tools in the shedroberts white lightning is one of the sharper tools in the shedroberts white lightning is one of the sharper tools in the shedroberts white lightning is one of the sharper tools in the shedroberts white lightning is one of the sharper tools in the shedroberts white lightning is one of the sharper tools in the shedroberts white lightning is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: lcpl delta co
Name: robert
roberts white lightning's Tacoma Gallery
285's on stock 16 inch rims

the search came up empty, but heres the deal. im picking up 285/75r16 bfg km2's, will these work on the stock rims??? i have a 2 inch spacer lift, and i know trimming will be done to the cab mount and all that but will the spindle and the frame be a issue?
thanks
robert
Old 01-01-2012, 06:32 PM   #2
roberts white lightning is one of the sharper tools in the shedroberts white lightning is one of the sharper tools in the shedroberts white lightning is one of the sharper tools in the shedroberts white lightning is one of the sharper tools in the shedroberts white lightning is one of the sharper tools in the shedroberts white lightning is one of the sharper tools in the shedroberts white lightning is one of the sharper tools in the shedroberts white lightning is one of the sharper tools in the shedroberts white lightning is one of the sharper tools in the shedroberts white lightning is one of the sharper tools in the shedroberts white lightning is one of the sharper tools in the shed

im willing to do spacers, i plan on running camburg spindles in the near future so i will need them for sure with the stock rims. i dont know why but i dont want to get rid of my stockers, i really like them
Old 01-01-2012, 06:32 PM   #3
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
They will fit on the rims but you will rub like a mother fucker... You will need wheel spacer as well as a lot of trimming of the plastics. I have the TRD Ivan Stewart rims and those have the correct backspacing and offset, yours do not.

I rubbed on the front and back, had to trim a lot of plastic, rubbed on my cab mount and pinch weld. rubbed when flexing, when turning, etc...
Old 01-01-2012, 06:34 PM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
they wont mount with out wheel spacers cause your UCA will be in the way...I know cause it happened to me a while back...
Old 01-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #5

So spidertrax will be getting a call in the near future.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #7
PEPCATCH11 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Fire Equipment Operator
Name: Dan
PEPCATCH11's Tacoma Gallery
I have 285/75R16 BFG KM2's on the stock steel wheels with Spidertrax and Bilstein 5100's @ 2.5" and the fit fine with no rubbing.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #9
jjudd is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Justin
jjudd's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah you will for need spacers to clear the UCA's or different rims until u do the new spindles.

I just put 285 70 r 17s on my stock 17 inch rims and they need a good amount of trimming and added the 1.25 wheel spacers with them. You may be able to get around that with a higher lift but I had a 3inch spacer lift and it was rubbing good on full turn. Not much trimming though and only the fender needed to be trimmed at the lowest point

285 75's are going to be huge but looking nice once you make it work> I really wanted to do that route but the bfg at's rubbed good at the 285 70 and they have a less deep tread. Now I have to start all over as some lady without insurance tagged my turck after blowing a red light and over correcting.

Good luck man! and if you order the spacers from spidertrax they will be there wihin 2-3 days. fast and good service!