1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

285's on stock 16 inch rims

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by roberts white lightning, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Jan 1, 2012 at 5:27 PM
    roberts white lightning

roberts white lightning [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    robert
    riverside
    Vehicle:
    07 speed way blue prerunner
    stock for now
    the search came up empty, but heres the deal. im picking up 285/75r16 bfg km2's, will these work on the stock rims??? i have a 2 inch spacer lift, and i know trimming will be done to the cab mount and all that but will the spindle and the frame be a issue?
    thanks
    robert

2. Jan 1, 2012 at 5:32 PM
    roberts white lightning

Member:
    First Name:
    robert
    riverside
    Vehicle:
    stock for now
    im willing to do spacers, i plan on running camburg spindles in the near future so i will need them for sure with the stock rims. i dont know why but i dont want to get rid of my stockers, i really like them :eek:

3. Jan 1, 2012 at 5:32 PM
    extremachn1

extremachn1 I am an asshole, deal with it!

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BAD ASS SUPERCHARGED BEAST
    TRD S/C, TRD quick shifter, AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fox racing shocks, TC UCA, All-pro expo leafs, Bestop soft top, Wet Okole black seat covers, Scan gauge II.
    They will fit on the rims but you will rub like a mother fucker... You will need wheel spacer as well as a lot of trimming of the plastics. I have the TRD Ivan Stewart rims and those have the correct backspacing and offset, yours do not.

I rubbed on the front and back, had to trim a lot of plastic, rubbed on my cab mount and pinch weld. rubbed when flexing, when turning, etc...

4. Jan 1, 2012 at 5:34 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    they wont mount with out wheel spacers cause your UCA will be in the way...I know cause it happened to me a while back...

5. Jan 1, 2012 at 6:59 PM
    roberts white lightning

Member:
    First Name:
    robert
    riverside
    Vehicle:
    stock for now
    So spidertrax will be getting a call in the near future.

6. Jan 1, 2012 at 8:14 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    holy mother of god its bobert! :wave: i didnt notice you were in an 07 prerunner. hows the military.

7. Jan 1, 2012 at 8:23 PM
    PEPCATCH11

PEPCATCH11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Tulsa, OK
    Vehicle:
    2011 Regular Cab
    TRD skid plate, Bilstein 5100 struts @ 2.5", Bilstein 5100 shocks, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers, BFG KM2 285/75/16
    I have 285/75R16 BFG KM2's on the stock steel wheels with Spidertrax and Bilstein 5100's @ 2.5" and the fit fine with no rubbing.

8. Jan 1, 2012 at 8:26 PM
    IluvTEA

IluvTEA Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    '10 DC LB 4x4 SR5 Super White
    Cooper ST 265/75/16 on Flat Black TRD OR wheels, window tint, blacked-out badges, front mudflap trim, BHLM, Base Black Rear Bumper Swap, Color-matched grille, Custom Relentless Fab plate bumper powdercoated flat wrinkle black and "TACOMA" backlit with Drunknsloth LEDs, Camburg 2.5" coilovers, LR UCAs, Power sliding rear window, Back-up camera anytime, FX-R projectors/Morimoto 3Five Ballasts/D2S bulbs 5000K, Black WeatherTechs, heated TRD seats with Roadwire Graphite Leather, OEM Roof Rack, front mud flap delete, Black Level 8 Guardians, TreadWright 285/75/16 with KG ...
    Check out the B/S/T thread a guy is selling 2 sets of spidertrax...

Edit: Nevermind, they already sold... sorry

9. Jan 1, 2012 at 9:43 PM
    jjudd

jjudd Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Temecula
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma 4x4 longbed sport pkg
    3inch front 2 inch rear lift using spacers in front and add a leaf in rear
    Yeah you will for need spacers to clear the UCA's or different rims until u do the new spindles.

I just put 285 70 r 17s on my stock 17 inch rims and they need a good amount of trimming and added the 1.25 wheel spacers with them. You may be able to get around that with a higher lift but I had a 3inch spacer lift and it was rubbing good on full turn. Not much trimming though and only the fender needed to be trimmed at the lowest point

285 75's are going to be huge but looking nice once you make it work> I really wanted to do that route but the bfg at's rubbed good at the 285 70 and they have a less deep tread. Now I have to start all over as some lady without insurance tagged my turck after blowing a red light and over correcting.

Good luck man! and if you order the spacers from spidertrax they will be there wihin 2-3 days. fast and good service!

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top