Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

255/75/R17 Bfg?

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-25-2008, 04:41 PM   #1
Gtpperformance is on a distinguished road
Gtpperformance's Tacoma Gallery
255/75/R17 Bfg?

Will 255/75/R17 BFGs fit on my 2009 Tacoma TRD sport without rubbing. I have no lift on the truck either.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:26 PM   #2
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
32.06 dia.Top of the page is tutorials,at the bottom of that is a tire calculator. It'll fit. Welcome to TW.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:59 PM   #3
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
yup...when i swapped my rims over from my 07 to the 09 w/o lift on it yet, they fit w/ no rubbing at full lock in either direction
Old 11-25-2008, 08:05 PM   #4
Thanks for the welcome. Thanks for the reply, Im going to use my stock wheels of course, it didn't look like they were going to fit, But I'm glad to hear they do.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:52 AM   #5
Muliefever
muliefever has a spectacular aura aboutmuliefever has a spectacular aura about
Coast Guard: First Class Petty Officer
muliefever's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....1=yes&place=11
Old 11-26-2008, 08:12 AM   #6
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by muliefever View Post

NIce tire!! Sweet Price!!!
Old 11-26-2008, 02:57 PM   #7
Thanks for the help. I just ordered a set for mine.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:05 PM   #8
dabighi has a little shameless behaviour in the past
dabighi's Tacoma Gallery
i believe that those tires have a very low weight rating. so if you frequently haul stuff id be careful. you know how it goes if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. dont want anyone puttin too much load on their tires and having them go pop
Old 11-26-2008, 07:24 PM   #9
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabighi View Post
i believe that those tires have a very low weight rating. so if you frequently haul stuff id be careful. you know how it goes if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. dont want anyone puttin too much load on their tires and having them go pop
when i ordered mine it popped up a warning saying that the load rating is higher than the stock tires and will cause it to ride a little rougher than normal...

also, the 32" tire on the spare will fit under there right?? no cutting until 33"?
Old 11-26-2008, 10:28 PM   #10
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
when i ordered mine it popped up a warning saying that the load rating is higher than the stock tires and will cause it to ride a little rougher than normal...

also, the 32" tire on the spare will fit under there right?? no cutting until 33"?
The spare will fit.Mine is 265/70-17.No problem.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:48 AM   #11
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
The spare will fit.Mine is 265/70-17.No problem.
sweetness...good to know
Old 01-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #12
ACH2112 is on a distinguished road
Name: Austin
ACH2112's Tacoma Gallery
Will the same tire fit my 2001 Tacoma with 2.5 lift.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:04 AM   #13
lundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
lundy's Tacoma Gallery
I'd probably stay away from that tire based on all the Jeep Rubicon (it's the OE Rubicon tire) guys that complain about balancing/vibration issues. Thats just me though.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:44 AM   #14
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post
I'd probably stay away from that tire based on all the Jeep Rubicon (it's the OE Rubicon tire) guys that complain about balancing/vibration issues. Thats just me though.
never had issues balancing the set i had. things may have changed since they discontinued all of the other sizes except for this one, just for the heep.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #15
lundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
lundy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
never had issues balancing the set i had. things may have changed since they discontinued all of the other sizes except for this one, just for the heep.
It's def hit or miss but I have a lot guys come into the shop looking for an alternative to the OEM tires. They are quite frequently out of round when I perform the the runout tests here. But like I said it's probably just me. I see a couple Jeeps with bad tires an I think they're all bad lol.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #16
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's def hit or miss but I have a lot guys come into the shop looking for an alternative to the OEM tires. They are quite frequently out of round when I perform the the runout tests here. But like I said it's probably just me. I see a couple Jeeps with bad tires an I think they're all bad lol.
Its a Jeep. The problem is with the vehicle itself not the tire...
Old 01-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #17
lundy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08WhiteTaco View Post
Its a Jeep. The problem is with the vehicle itself not the tire...
No, it's def the the tire. We swap em out and the problems are resolved. I don't want to get into a pissing match about out of round BFG's. Not all of them are but they have more OOR's than other tire mfgrs from what I have noticed through my own personal experiences as someone in the in the wheel and tire industry.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #18
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No, it's def the the tire. We swap em out and the problems are resolved. I don't want to get into a pissing match about out of round BFG's. Not all of them are but they have more OOR's than other tire mfgrs from what I have noticed through my own personal experiences as someone in the in the wheel and tire industry.
LOL I was trying to make a funny
Old 01-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #19
Swanson52 is a jewel in the roughSwanson52 is a jewel in the roughSwanson52 is a jewel in the roughSwanson52 is a jewel in the rough
Swanson52's Tacoma Gallery
I had a set of these on an Avalanche and they were awesome. Got no less than 50k out of them and they were smooth as glass.

Edit to add I bought them when they were still 99 bucks each. Couldn't turn that down!
Old 01-04-2012, 02:15 PM   #20
lundy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08WhiteTaco View Post
LOL I was trying to make a funny
Well... I feel like a douche lol. My bad.

Products Discussed in this Thread