LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

4 Cylinder Load Range Tires

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 08:27 AM   #1
brow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud of

Name: Andy
brow's Tacoma Gallery
4 Cylinder Load Range Tires

Finally looking to replace my stock 245/75/16 dunlops. I have a 4 cylinder 5-speed access cab, stock height. Planning on jumping up to an AT 265/75/16, however everything i can find is generally E rated, which is more than i need for my trucks purposes.

Anyone have any experience on just how much power/mpg's i am going to lose with a tire thats is that much bigger and heavier? I know i am going to lose something, just wondering how much.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:31 AM   #2
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
I have pretty much the same truck as you, I run 255/75/17 LT Nitto Trail Grapplers on a 3 inch lift

I'd try and find an LT rated tire. They are a bit heavier, not sure on the exact number, my main power loss is in 5th gear on the highway. As for gas mileage I can't say as I don't really keep up with it too much.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:32 AM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Really with these trucks you don't need to go with an LT tire at all, P-rated is over what the weight+payload capacity of our trucks is. The only reason to go LT would be if you are big into offroading and really need the stiffer sidewall.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:35 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Really with these trucks you don't need to go with an LT tire at all, P-rated is over what the weight+payload capacity of our trucks is. The only reason to go LT would be if you are big into offroading and really need the stiffer sidewall.
Agreed. I'm running P-rated tires on my double cab V6 4x4. I have a shell and a decent amount of weight in the bed at all times, tow, haul, etc. No issues with P-rated tires.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:37 AM   #5
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah makes sense. I just didn't want a 200 dollar to get ripped open down a trail somewhere.

P-rated tires OP!
Old 01-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #6
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
If you stay stock size you can get a pretty agressive AT in C load
I went with hurcules terra trac at, LT245/75R16 in C load, had same tread debth as E loand
here is their spec page http://www.herculestire.com/catalogH...12_english.pdf

Other thing I considered was the goodyear duratrac

shown here at tire rack http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

Part of the reason i stayed with 245 was for skinny in snow. I don't go too rough in summer so the stock size in more agressive have been just the right match for me. I like the hrcules just fine, just not as showy as the goodyears.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #8
ATweezy is on a distinguished road

Marines: Sergeant of Marines
Name: Brad
ATweezy's Tacoma Gallery
I think you will find out that P-rated tires are going to be adequate for everday use and light offroading/trailing. I just recently bought Hankook RF10s P265/75R16 and they are an awesome tire. I went trailing with a buddy yesterday and the hankooks performed great in the sand and in the rocky trails by the mountains. He had BFG ATs on his Jeep and had some issues with traction in the sand. If you want something with a stiffer sidewall but want to save on weight, go with the Goodyear Duratrac in LT265/75R16 in Load Range C. Onlinetires.com has the best price on the duratracs that I have seen and treadlightly.org has the new 2012 goodyear $100 rebate form.