Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

255/75R17 options

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #1
TotalBrutal is a jewel in the roughTotalBrutal is a jewel in the roughTotalBrutal is a jewel in the rough

Name: Dan
TotalBrutal's Tacoma Gallery
255/75R17 options

So im interested in getting this tire size for my next set. I won't need tires for a couple months still, just feeling it out. Now preferably I would like a C load range A/T tire, but the only 2 I have found anywhere are Firestone Destination A/T or Bridgestone Dueller A/T REVO2. Anyone know of any tires other than these two that fit my criteria and where to find them? There are lots of other tires in this size but they are all either P rated or load E

Oh and if anyone has preference between the Firestone or Bridgestone input is appreciated!
Old 01-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
TotalBrutal is a jewel in the roughTotalBrutal is a jewel in the roughTotalBrutal is a jewel in the rough

Well Dan, I think you should Definitely go with a C rated tire as you work in forestry and travel lots of bush roads... flats arnt cool. The firestones are also lighter and cheaper so they will be easier on your wallet. Having a lighter a slightly thinner / slightly taller tire than the E rated Kellys 265/75r16s you are running will also lead to better MPGs i rekon.

And if you are wondering, no i dont actually have a split personality
Any other opinions?
Old 08-04-2012, 09:09 PM   #3
greenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
greenrustic's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking about the Revo's in that size...did you ever get any feedback or make a decision?
Old 08-04-2012, 09:31 PM   #4
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
lol... I dont know a lot about tires, but thanks for the chuckle. I may very well run that size for my next tire as well.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #5
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I considered the Hankook ATm's in P255/75/17
Old 08-04-2012, 09:56 PM   #6
TacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tony
TacoTony's Tacoma Gallery
I work at Firestone and looked up that size lol I didn't think they made the revos in that size
Old 08-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #7

Old thread! But ya I decided to keep on rocking the 265/75/16. So many choices, looks awesome with my mild lift, and didn't have to bother with new rims.