Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

TRD FJ Team Trail Wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-05-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
RI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tim
RI Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
TRD FJ Team Trail Wheels

So like a lot of other people on here, I have fallen for the Black FJ wheels.

Someone locally has a set for sale but they are the silver wheels powder coated black.

How much is a decent price for 5 new silver FJ wheels powder coated black?
Old 01-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RI Tacoma View Post
So like a lot of other people on here, I have fallen for the Black FJ wheels.

Someone locally has a set for sale but they are the silver wheels powder coated black.

How much is a decent price for 5 new silver FJ wheels powder coated black?
The genuine black ones have gone for +/- $1100 on here. I'm not sure what the silver ones go for, but I wouldn't pay much above what a silver set costs.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #3
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
The silver / charcoal anthracites sell for $180 a piece at my dealer
Old 01-05-2012, 01:49 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Don't you need an FJ Vin in order to buy the anthracites? Or is that no longer the case.

That was why they used to sell for so much on here.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #5
RI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to behold

I thought the silver rims were in the $169 range, but the anthracite and black were impossible to get without an FJ Vin.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #6
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I thought the silver rims were in the $169 range, but the anthracite and black were impossible to get without an FJ Vin.
That's my understanding as well. So if the silver wheels are $169 a piece, that's how much I'd pay for the painted black ones. I'd knock off a few bucks because they are used, and add on a few bucks due to the powder-coating, and it's a wash.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #7
bizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to behold

bizjettech's Tacoma Gallery
Genuine factory black ones on ebay right now...........$1680 - too much $$
Old 01-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #8
bizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Do you have a P/N ? My dealer says they are not available
Old 01-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #9
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
The service manager said he can order them but I was waiting for him to tell me he needed a vin and he didn't ask. No part number, I just googled a pic and showed him, told him they were FJ 16s and I wanted them on my taco. The quote was roughly $820? shipped to the dealer.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #10
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The service manager said he can order them but I was waiting for him to tell me he needed a vin and he didn't ask. No part number, I just googled a pic and showed him, told him they were FJ 16s and I wanted them on my taco. The quote was roughly $820? shipped to the dealer.
For the anthracites? Did you buy them?
Old 01-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #11

Quote:
Can you PM me the dealership name and a contact name in the parts dept?
I'd like to call them. were these anthricite or black. That sounds like a price for silver.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #12
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I can't tell you how many times a dealership told me they could order them without a vin only to have the order blocked by Toyota.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:50 AM   #13

So $150/wheel is a solid price?
Old 01-06-2012, 09:26 AM   #14
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I'll sub to this, next time I go to the dealer I'll ask him about the vin and what not and give you guys a definitive answer.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #15
6L PSD is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Retired
6L PSD's Tacoma Gallery
I tried this last month through my local dealer. It was going so well...they called back and said it's a go, took payment over the phone, and I even got a 10% discount. Two days later the gal calls back and says...yeah, we can't order those without a VIN from a FJ! ..oh well, I put a set of $200 steelies on with winter tires. Who needs bling at -40 anyway?
Old 01-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #16
Dcd5907 is a jewel in the roughDcd5907 is a jewel in the roughDcd5907 is a jewel in the roughDcd5907 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Anthony
Dcd5907's Tacoma Gallery
Might b a stupid question, but couldn't u just get a vin for an fj off autotrader or cars.com. Or do they verify the ownership.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #17
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
I got my silvers for $500 plus tax . Came with the lug nuts too .
Old 01-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #18
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcd5907 View Post
Might b a stupid question, but couldn't u just get a vin for an fj off autotrader or cars.com. Or do they verify the ownership.
When I was trying to get mine, even with a vin, you are only allowed to purchase one wheel unless you can prove that all 4 were damaged or vandalized with pictures and an insurance claim. They had buttoned them up pretty tight.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:04 AM   #19
RacerP will become famous soon enough
RacerP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So $150/wheel is a solid price?
If they are in good shape? Sure. If he were to market them he could easily get that, pretty high demand for these.

I bought silver ones a few years ago, right around 2-3 years ago, had them acid dipped, and then powder coated matte black. With caps and all the work I was right around $850ish. Everyone I talked to said they could not be bead blasted without ruining the finish. And they had to have the original powder removed too.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:19 AM   #20
tacos is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
tacos's Tacoma Gallery
150-175 per wheel sounds fair if they are used. I bought silver ones and had them blasted and powder coated and it ran me about $60 a wheel. You will like having them powder coated, seen to be a more durable coating than the factory finish.