* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
01 5 speed
taco52 is on a distinguished road

Name: Trevor
taco52's Tacoma Gallery
Any Rims Like These?

Hi,
Im looking at some rims for my truck and was wondering if there are some rime out there that are similar to these. Im trying to plan my trucks future and im looking for some cheap black rims that are similar to these. Any help would be greatly appreciated and suggestions on brands and any other help is welcome. Thanks

[IMG][/IMG]

http://www.alliedwheel.com/wheel.php?name=Black+Daytona
Old 01-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #2
Taco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant future
Name: j
Taco4Fish's Tacoma Gallery
procomp series 52.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:20 PM   #3
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-84-5883/
Old 01-07-2012, 07:15 PM   #5
UH60Hwkdrvr is a jewel in the roughUH60Hwkdrvr is a jewel in the roughUH60Hwkdrvr is a jewel in the roughUH60Hwkdrvr is a jewel in the rough

Army: Helicopter Pilot
UH60Hwkdrvr's Tacoma Gallery
Wheel: A circular object that revolves on an axle and is fixed below a vehicle or other object to enable it to move over the ground.

Rim: The upper or outer edge of an object, typically something circular: "an egg cup with a gold rim"

So, are you wanting to buy a wheel or a rim?

m.a.c.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #7
kite will become famous soon enough

kite's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UH60Hwkdrvr View Post
Wheel: A circular object that revolves on an axle and is fixed below a vehicle other object to enable it to move over the ground.

Rim: The upper or outer edge of an object, typically something circular: "an egg cup with a gold rim"

So, are you wanting to buy a wheel or a rim?

m.a.c.
People commonly refer to wheels as rims and I'm sure you know this. No one likes a smart ass.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:21 AM   #8
UH60Hwkdrvr is a jewel in the roughUH60Hwkdrvr is a jewel in the roughUH60Hwkdrvr is a jewel in the roughUH60Hwkdrvr is a jewel in the rough

Army: Helicopter Pilot
UH60Hwkdrvr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kite View Post
People commonly refer to wheels as rims and I'm sure you know this. No one likes a smart ass.
Yes, I sure do. They also write or say things like "your" when the mean "you're" and "to" when they mean "too" and "prolly" when they mean "probably". It doesn't make them right. If we keep this up, the whole "American" English language will devolve in to some sort of shorthand for retards....just sayin'

m.a.c.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:38 AM   #9
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UH60Hwkdrvr View Post
If we keep this up, the whole "American" English language will devolve in to some sort of shorthand for retards....just sayin'

Coming from someone who uses the word "sayin' instead of saying.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #10
bgsmith will become famous soon enough

Name: Brian
bgsmith's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco4Fish View Post
procomp series 52.
I have these on my truck, did have some brake caliper rubbing issues, ran with spacers, then had some fender rubbing issues, tons of trimming later and 5100s set at 1.75 and pretty much all my rubbing issues are gone.

I am running 17x8 wheels with 4.5" backspace with 265/70 17 tires.

Wheelers offroad has some similar wheels that are guaranteed not to rub the calipers but they don't come in 17s.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #11
01 5 speed

taco52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
I have these on my truck, did have some brake caliper rubbing issues, ran with spacers, then had some fender rubbing issues, tons of trimming later and 5100s set at 1.75 and pretty much all my rubbing issues are gone.

I am running 17x8 wheels with 4.5" backspace with 265/70 17 tires.

Wheelers offroad has some similar wheels that are guaranteed not to rub the calipers but they don't come in 17s.
Thanks for the rubbing info. I might stay away from those. I still am weighing my options.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #12

bgsmith's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco52 View Post
Thanks for the rubbing info. I might stay away from those. I still am weighing my options.
Didn't realize you had a 1st gen., not sure about any caliper rubbing issues with them. Either way I love these wheels, they look good and the fact that they are black powder coated steel wheels I don't mind if they get a little dinged up, already dented one of the center caps off roading, although they are cheap enough to replace with no problems.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:36 PM   #13
01 5 speed

taco52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Didn't realize you had a 1st gen., not sure about any caliper rubbing issues with them. Either way I love these wheels, they look good and the fact that they are black powder coated steel wheels I don't mind if they get a little dinged up, already dented one of the center caps off roading, although they are cheap enough to replace with no problems.
I am looking for something cheap. Cheap enough to replace. But like I said I am still weighing my options. Anyway, thanks for all your help.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:40 PM   #14
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco52 View Post
I am looking for something cheap. Cheap enough to replace. But like I said I am still weighing my options. Anyway, thanks for all your help.
If you don't want to modify anything, go with the ones from Wheeler's. If you don't mind adding at least a 1/4" spacer or grinding the calipers, I'd go with the ones I posted from Summit. I don't think you'll find anything cheaper except craigslist or the like, but even the 15"s on CL will more likely than not need the same treatment as those coming from Summit.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #15
01 5 speed

taco52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
If you don't want to modify anything, go with the ones from Wheeler's. If you don't mind adding at least a 1/4" spacer or grinding the calipers, I'd go with the ones I posted from Summit. I don't think you'll find anything cheaper except craigslist or the like, but even the 15"s on CL will more likely than not need the same treatment as those coming from Summit.
Its tough for me to make a decision on what I want to have and the look im going for. I would prefer not to go with spacers but then again I may have too. We will see what what I decide to do with the truck.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #16

bgsmith's Tacoma Gallery
If you aren't looking to spend a ton definitely look into the steelies from Wheelers, they are pretty cheap, well under $100 each.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #17
01 5 speed

taco52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you aren't looking to spend a ton definitely look into the steelies from Wheelers, they are pretty cheap, well under $100 each.
Ya i defiantly want some steelies. I will search a ton before I make any decisions.

Products Discussed in this Thread