Notices

Old tires good??

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-08-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
Cajun1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brooks
Cajun1's Tacoma Gallery
Old tires good??

I am in need of a new set of tires and when my brother bought his truck Chevy silverodo in 2004 he took the stock tires off and i was wondering if they would still be good..i think they are wranglers 265.75.16
Old 01-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #2
bgsmith will become famous soon enough

Name: Brian
bgsmith's Tacoma Gallery
As long as they have been kept in a climate controlled area they should be good, extra dry air can ruin tires if stored for an extended period of time. I still have the stock tires that came off my 2004 BMW and they are in great shape in my basement.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #3
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Just me personally, but i'd never run "used" tires.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #4
vinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vinnyvavoom's Tacoma Gallery
They will work, but.....

You need to check them out. The rubber hardens over time and ther is a good possibilty they will not grab when you need them to. This can be easily checked. Compare them to a new tire, I press my thumb nail into the rubber. You will see it right away.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:18 AM   #5
Wheel and Tire Guys
Discount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant future

Discount Tire Direct's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a link with some additional information on tire replacement.

When to Replace Your Tires
Old 01-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #6
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
i use the 5 year rule.nothing older than that