Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

nitto dune grapplers on wet roads

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-26-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
ozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really nice

ozmon420's Tacoma Gallery
nitto dune grapplers on wet roads

r 285/60-18 nitto dune grapplers good for regular driving on wet roads?
Old 11-26-2008, 07:35 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I havent run the Dune Grapplers, but, they are not sipped, so I imagine their wet weather porformance is going to be poor.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:28 AM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Delmarva Taco is running some Dune's. You might want to PM him for some answers. I have Dune's also but they arent installed yet so I aint much help!
Old 11-27-2008, 12:40 PM   #4
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
So far so good in the wet weather -- but I've only had them for 3ish weeks or so.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:35 PM   #5
ozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really nice

those dont look like the ones i was looking at. i ended up ordering tera grapplers 285 60 18's get them monday
Old 11-28-2008, 07:51 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Talking

Yeah those tires are the ones that chris4x4 is sportin. I've heard they last longer then the Dune's. I bought the Dune's because they look more beefier!
Old 11-28-2008, 08:01 PM   #7

i returned the dunes because i heard and read that they wont handle that well in wet weather
Old 11-29-2008, 01:36 AM   #8
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmon420 View Post
those dont look like the ones i was looking at. i ended up ordering tera grapplers 285 60 18's get them monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmon420 View Post
i returned the dunes because i heard and read that they wont handle that well in wet weather

My Nitto TG's perform great in the rain. It doesn't rain much here, but it has been for the past 2 days. I could feel the difference and I couldn't get them to slip/spin. I think you will be happier with the TG and the dunes.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:56 AM   #9
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
My Nitto NT420's are outstanding in the rain. It is raining now. No problems for my drive home in an hour. No hydroplaning at all.

Old 11-29-2008, 02:42 AM   #10
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
From offroaders.com

http://www.offroaders.com/reviewbox/...t=4&product=26

If Evil made a tire, the Nitto Dune Grappler would be it. Like it's cousin the Nitto Mud Grappler extreme terrain, the Nitto Dune Grappler packs as much attitude as it does performance in it's domain. The most impressive thing about this tire is it's evil profile. The tread pattern consists of spiked flames that run laterally through it's tread pattern and down onto the sidewalls. Even the Nitto Dune Grappler logo embedded in the sidewall has attitude. As long as this tire handled somewhat ok in it's preferred terrain, the tire would still be worth consideration, just on appearance alone. But the tire does more than look good. Offroad in it's element the Dune Grappler does very well. Make no mistake though, this tire is specifically built for sand and not mud. In sand it's reported by those who have tested these tires, that they handle well, getting a moderate amount non-directional bite in sandy zones. On the rocks, even though they are designed to take a beating with their three ply polyester high turn up construction which would improve bruise and puncture resistance, they don't flex well enough to offer good grip on rocks. In the mud, they are on the low side of average when compared to typical All Terrain tires and quickly clog with mud in the voids. But again, these are tires specifically designed to perform in desert conditions. On the street, the do surprisingly well with strong cornering performance and decent grip in dry conditions as well as a quiet ride. However their lack of sipes reduces their wet surface performance. But did we mention they look downright evil?
Old 11-29-2008, 07:00 AM   #11
Lieutenant Dan.

Smile

Jeezzz!!! Well said!!!!! Man I'm friggin bored. I think I'm going to try the side marker/turn signal mod today some time.