07 taco trd

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-09-2012, 06:27 PM   #1
tbone11212 is on a distinguished road
Army: 31B2P Military Police PSD
tbone11212's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to tbone11212
07 taco trd

alright right now im running stock and would like to upgrade. I was looking at these

Brand: KMC XD-SERIES Model: XD 775 Rockstar Size: 20x8.5 Finish: Black Matte Offset: HPO/STD/MED Lugs: 5/6/8 x 135/139.7/165.1/127 Tire: NEXEN Rodian
285/50/20 SR:V TW:420Should I run into any problems stock no lift? or should I lift it first then do Wheels? Any feed back would be great guys thanks again
Attached Thumbnails
07 taco trd-rockstarblack_over.jpg  
Old 01-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone11212 View Post
alright right now im running stock and would like to upgrade. I was looking at these

Brand: KMC XD-SERIES Model: XD 775 Rockstar Size: 20x8.5 Finish: Black Matte Offset: HPO/STD/MED Lugs: 5/6/8 x 135/139.7/165.1/127 Tire: NEXEN Rodian
285/50/20 SR:V TW:420Should I run into any problems stock no lift? or should I lift it first then do Wheels? Any feed back would be great guys thanks again
Uhh, the specs you listed are for multiple different types of that wheel.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Your post has multiple lug patterns listed, and multiple (and vague) offsets.

The lug pattern you want is 6x139.7

For that model the offset appears to be "standard". No clue what that means. Offset should be a number.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:31 PM   #6
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
oh okay, well I found an 18 inch same model would that fit better and not have to worry about rubbing or fitment issues?
That depends on the width, offset, and backspacing of the rims. Please post a link to them.

It also depends on what size tire you plan on running on the 18.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #8
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
http://www.amazon.com/XD-Rockstar-XD...2007&carId=001

wiwth the 18s like this one what would be the largest size I could run with no lift or a 3 inch lift?
265/65/18 or possibly 285/60/18 with no lift, 285/65/18 with a three inch lift and trimming, and possible cab mount chop.

Also congrats you have selected my least favorite rim on the market.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #9
ROLLIN ON RUST
senor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
senor taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

wiwth the 18s like this one what would be the largest size I could run with no lift or a 3 inch lift?
265/65/18
Old 01-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #10
SSS
oneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: SSS
oneBIGroom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Also congrats you have selected my least favorite rim on the market.
I was thinking the same thing . These are the only XDs i dont like.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:50 PM   #12
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
They look way better without the center caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneBIGroom View Post
I was thinking the same thing . These are the only XDs i dont like.
Says the guy with the rockstar avatar
Old 01-09-2012, 08:54 PM   #14
SSS
oneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: SSS
oneBIGroom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Says the guy with the rockstar avatar
"XD Series"
I've got XD Revolvers coming for my birthday Jan 19th
Old 01-09-2012, 09:10 PM   #15
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
these with a 265/65/18 would fit no problem
As long as the 265 you select is approved for a 9" wide rim. You can find that info on the tire manufacturers website.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:22 PM   #17
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
okay and I wouldn't have to do any triming with this setup?
May have to remove your mudflaps but that would be it.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #18
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneBIGroom View Post
"XD Series"
I've got XD Revolvers coming for my birthday Jan 19th
Old 01-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #19
francis1291 is a jewel in the roughfrancis1291 is a jewel in the roughfrancis1291 is a jewel in the roughfrancis1291 is a jewel in the rough
francis1291's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

3 inch lift you can run 20s
Old 01-10-2012, 06:46 AM   #20
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by francis1291 View Post
3 inch lift you can run 20s
You can run 20's, or even 22's on a stock suspension. Wheel diameter has nothing to do with lift height.

Products Discussed in this Thread