Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Personal choice

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-27-2008, 07:58 PM   #1
hud445 is on a distinguished road
hud445's Tacoma Gallery
Personal choice

Man,I just can't fathom what the attraction is to all black rims. I know & respect that it is a personal choice & all, but...just do not know. Black accents, possibly.

I had a friend out visiting from the midwest last week & he was blown away. Is it just a Southwest thing?

I guess you either like them or not. No shade of grey on this one.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:18 PM   #3
The Reasonable One
myrcrocks is on a distinguished road
myrcrocks's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to myrcrocks
Actually, I'm kind of leaning towards the 'bronze' finish of the XD Series for my Pyrite Mica... If anyone is Photoshop friendly (I'm not) and wanted to post pics of a Pyrite Mica Acess Cab SR5 4X4 with various Bronze XD rims, that would be sweet....

I think it would definately be different...
Old 11-27-2008, 08:53 PM   #4
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Your right i dont get why people do the all black theme i mean why lol pretty much its all preference.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:07 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Black is more easy to keep clean, or rather, doesnt show dirt, dust, and other crap as well as most polished or crome wheels. AND, its personal preferance. I have been tinkering with the idea of getting some black wheels, because mine look bad of not clean. And cleaning them is time consuming. BUT, my Wife got them for me, so I dont know............
Old 11-27-2008, 09:58 PM   #6
dtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Denny
dtrujillo63's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dtrujillo63
I have a white taco and I think that white and black make a great combo! I have me a panda truck!
Old 11-28-2008, 01:14 AM   #7
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
Chrome rims on a truck with no chrome accents but with black accents would look retarded with chrome rims, just my opinion, but I have a red truck with black fenders/grill/bumper/mirrors/handles.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:35 AM   #8
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Black on SWB. looks awesome. (so does the red)
Old 11-28-2008, 04:43 AM   #9
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
Black on SWB. looks awesome. (so does the red)
x2 When you getting black rims?
Old 11-29-2008, 12:02 AM   #10
hud445 is on a distinguished road
hud445's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
so you either get a set or dont
personal choice and respect what other's like, each truck is just a bit different than any other truck out there
WOW! WTF? Just by posting an opinion/observation I don't respect people??

Dude, chill out.

Q: What is the purpose of a forum?
A: For opinions & feedback.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:35 AM   #11
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxySandChick View Post
x2 When you getting black rims?
About 30 more payments.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:39 AM   #12
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i like black rims.........not a fan of chrome at all..........all personal opinion. and its why i put black steelies on my silver 04..............looks friggin killer, and its the theme im going for with my truck. by the way.....im in the southeast!
Old 11-29-2008, 03:52 AM   #13
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
It's all about the style. My TRD Sport has very little chrome on it stock...Color match bumpers, grill surround, ect...so big chrome rims on my truck woulda looked dumb....they'd be big "Hey look at me" eyesores. (plus chrome is HEAVY)

Trail damage would also be harder to repair-Rechroming versus the rattle can I have already. Also, like chris mentioned...Easier to clean...no polishing or or baby oiling.

My next ride...or my next motorcycle is very likely to have chrome on it.

And yeah...I think it's kinda lame that you started a thread just to say you don't like a truck set up. There are TONS of black tire threads you could go ask "Why do you think this looks good / Why did you do it"...insted of blurting out that you "don't get it"

Don't like it...Don't do it is a good good piece of advice...

(^Just my opinion tho)
Old 11-29-2008, 05:05 AM   #14
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
phishing for a argument?
a question? and if so what?

you either like them or you don't
so you either get a set or dont
personal choice and respect what other's like, each truck is just a bit different than any other truck out there
i don't think hes looking for a fight. he just saying they suck.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:12 AM   #15
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Add me to those who don't get the black rim thing.

No disrespect intended when i can honestly say that i always thought (when i would see the black ones) that people bought the new tires first and were saving and/or waitiing for the new rims and the blacks were temporary. I think the polished (1st choice) or maybe chrome looks much better.

As far as the harder to clean point of view, to me, thats like saying you buy beer in cans because its easier to return the empties, even though the bottles taste better.

Again, no disrespect. Until i saw someone else had started this thread, i though it (me not getting the black rim thing) was just me getting old.

To each their own...
Old 11-29-2008, 05:28 AM   #17

What color rims should go a truck with no chrome accents on it? I want someone to photoshop some bling rims on my truck for me .
Old 11-29-2008, 06:05 AM   #19
tacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud of

Name: Levi
tacoma08MZ's Tacoma Gallery
i think it has alot to do with color to, with my truck being all white i loved the idea of blacking the rest of it out rims included