1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sell me your stock tires?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by santas212, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Jan 12, 2012 at 12:24 PM
    santas212

santas212 [OP] I'm on a boat!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    '09 DCLB, TRD Sport, Barcelona Red
    Mostly miscellaneous electronic mods.... -2 spare Electrical fuse blocks hard wired to the battery with a key on relay. -Hard Wired Radar detector over rearview mirror. -2 Dual Whelen Avenger blue LED emergency lights, one on each side of the rearview mirror. -EP911 Blue LED Light Bar & Traffic Advisor, Rear Windows. -4 corner amber strobes in stock lights. -Hardwired RF Scanner with external speaker under center console. -Huskyliner front splash guards -Fireband 2 way radio in center console. -Herculiner painted on hitch and skid plate. -Switch to power one 12v socket when truck is off. -AntiDark LED strip under hood with switch. -Timbren Rubber Springs - Rear -MBRP Offroad Cat-Back with Resonator -Duratrac's -Provisor -Color matched hood bug shield
    Ive got an 09, starting to think about putting some new tires on it after 30k. I know there must be someone out there who put about 3k on a set of stock's and then swapped out for fancy new tires/wheels, so lets make a deal! (i have the 17'' rims with 265/65/17 tires)

anyone have any suggestions?

those who ran their stock tires to death, what did you get out of them for miles?

2. Jan 12, 2012 at 12:27 PM
    alexander323bc

alexander323bc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Buffalo New York
    Vehicle:
    4cyl access cab
    I ran my stock dunlops until I hate 24,000 I just took them off last week. They were getting to sloppy in heavy and rain snow. I had to lower the tire pressure down to 26 the last month I had them just so I didnt feel like I was going to die.

3. Jan 12, 2012 at 12:30 PM
    tbturner47

tbturner47 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hickory, NC
    Vehicle:
    '16 Barcelona Red TRD Off Road
    Lol I ran my stockers on my 09 to 50,000 miles.

I might have my new ones up for sale soon. They have 240 miles on them right now.

4. Jan 15, 2012 at 9:25 PM
    santas212

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    Mostly miscellaneous electronic mods.... -2 spare Electrical fuse blocks hard wired to the battery with a key on relay. -Hard Wired Radar detector over rearview mirror. -2 Dual Whelen Avenger blue LED emergency lights, one on each side of the rearview mirror. -EP911 Blue LED Light Bar & Traffic Advisor, Rear Windows. -4 corner amber strobes in stock lights. -Hardwired RF Scanner with external speaker under center console. -Huskyliner front splash guards -Fireband 2 way radio in center console. -Herculiner painted on hitch and skid plate. -Switch to power one 12v socket when truck is off. -AntiDark LED strip under hood with switch. -Timbren Rubber Springs - Rear -MBRP Offroad Cat-Back with Resonator -Duratrac's -Provisor -Color matched hood bug shield
    tburner, what are the "new ones" you might be selling?

5. Jan 16, 2012 at 11:14 AM
    Mescalero

Mescalero Beretta Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Anderson, SC
    Vehicle:
    '15 DCSB TRD PRO Mag Gray
    unfortunately i only have 16's layin around with 12K on them.

6. Jan 16, 2012 at 12:00 PM
    santas212

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    That doesnt do me much good... Maybe for someone else?

7. Jan 17, 2012 at 4:20 PM
    J Ward 18

J Ward 18 New Member

Member:
    Southwestern, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport
    I still have my stock tires and 17" wheels the tires have 9/32" tread left I didn't run them much until I switched them out and I am trying to sell them together they are the 265/65/17 Bridgestone Dueler if your interested.

8. Jan 17, 2012 at 4:41 PM
    Hairy Taco

Hairy Taco Jungle of Love

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    North of Hell
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD
    I got 70k out of my 08 stock Duelers.

9. Jan 17, 2012 at 4:52 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    Is that the stock BFG 265 70 16? I'm looking for something reasonable to mount on some new wheels I just purchased. Was looking to trade my sport wheels and tires for or's for the tires and tpms so I wouldn't have to pay someone to remove the tpms from my stock wheels then remount the tires.

10. Jan 17, 2012 at 4:56 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    mine have 34k and they is not to much and THEY SUCK!! i need new bad(should have got them around 32k but just don’t have the money. i know i will prob put another 1k to 2k before i get new. unless mom and dad help out. i’m getting nitto’s next.

11. Jan 17, 2012 at 5:00 PM
    Buff

Buff Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Buff
    NEPA
    Vehicle:
    V6 TRD Sport 4x4
    Removed the damn stickers!
    I've got the stock Dunlops on my '12 I would love to get rid of so I can buy some 265/70 17s. Around 2k on them right now. Make me an offer. I can even meet half way to save shipping.

Products Discussed in

To Top