Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

285s on stock TRD 16s?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-28-2008, 10:31 AM   #1
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
285s on stock TRD 16s?

So I've browsed through enough forums to make me sick, and still not sure I'm able to do this, so here's a few questions. I'm running a 3" Tuff Country kit in front, currently without a lift in back since I just got my TSB leaf pack put in. With 265s, I measure 8" from top of tire to wheel well both front and back. I've got the stock UCAs and the stock TRD off-road 16s.

1. Do I need spidertrax spacers to switch to 285s with this setup?
2. Will I need to trim any painted fender, or just the black plastic wheel wells?
3. Will someone take a picture of what needs trimmed and post it?
4. Is there any way to save the front mud flaps, or move them back?
5. Is there anything else I should know before I do this?

Thanks!
Old 11-28-2008, 11:24 AM   #2
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltaco View Post
So I've browsed through enough forums to make me sick, and still not sure I'm able to do this, so here's a few questions. I'm running a 3" Tuff Country kit in front, currently without a lift in back since I just got my TSB leaf pack put in. With 265s, I measure 8" from top of tire to wheel well both front and back. I've got the stock UCAs and the stock TRD off-road 16s.

1. Do I need spidertrax spacers to switch to 285s with this setup?
2. Will I need to trim any painted fender, or just the black plastic wheel wells?
3. Will someone take a picture of what needs trimmed and post it?
4. Is there any way to save the front mud flaps, or move them back?
5. Is there anything else I should know before I do this?

Thanks!
I'm running 285s on the stock rims and I got the spidertrax spacers to fix the UCA rubbing issue.

1. Not mandatory, but recommended. I was rubbing my UCAs with 285s on stock rims before the spacers and I'm not after them.
2. Before the spacers, I wasn't rubbing any fenders. After them, I get an occasional rub at full lock in reverse. I haven't trimmed any yet, but probably will at some point.
3. There are plenty of pics on here of what people had to trim. Just do a quick search...
4. I just removed mine, but I don't think you can. Maybe some third party mud flaps??