Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Level 8 wheels?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #181
Wheel and Tire Guys
Discount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant future

Discount Tire Direct's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractng View Post
I did not transfer the tpms over. I am second guessing myself now. Does the sensor from the 16" steelies work in the ZX wheels?

I read it has a different angle vs the alloy.
What you read is correct. The sensors out of the factory steel wheels will not fit the ZX valve hole because of the angle. You'll either have to purchase new sensors or run your factory sensors on a band and bracket system (straps the sensor to the barrel of the wheel). The band and bracket system runs $44.00 and covers all 4 corners.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #182
tractng is on a distinguished road
tractng's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire Direct View Post
What you read is correct. The sensors out of the factory steel wheels will not fit the ZX valve hole because of the angle. You'll either have to purchase new sensors or run your factory sensors on a band and bracket system (straps the sensor to the barrel of the wheel). The band and bracket system runs $44.00 and covers all 4 corners.

Would DTT offer something (band and bracket) like that? I am planning for my future tires and probably put the sensors in this time.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:35 PM   #183
Wheel and Tire Guys
Discount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractng View Post
Would DTT offer something (band and bracket) like that? I am planning for my future tires and probably put the sensors in this time.
Absolutely. We have the proper TPMS sensors as well as the band and bracket system available
Old 11-16-2013, 06:30 AM   #184
TRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud of
TRD Toy85's Tacoma Gallery
No silver color option for the mk6 or either of those concept wheels ?
Old 11-16-2013, 07:08 AM   #185
Wheel and Tire Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD Toy85 View Post
No silver color option for the mk6 or either of those concept wheels ?
Matte gunmetal, matte bronze, and matte black are the only finishes the MK6 is currently produced in.

Details: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/dis...vel-8-mk6.html
Old 11-16-2013, 07:12 PM   #186
TRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Matte gunmetal, matte bronze, and matte black are the only finishes the MK6 is currently produced in.

Details: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/dis...vel-8-mk6.html

Ya those are cool, but no plans on producing a silverish color ?
Old 11-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #187
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery

These punch wheels have that color in which I got on mine
Old 11-18-2013, 07:33 AM   #188
Wheel and Tire Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD Toy85 View Post
Ya those are cool, but no plans on producing a silverish color ?

Not at this time.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:34 AM   #189
Wheel and Tire Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc98tacoma View Post

These punch wheels have that color in which I got on mine
Looks sharp! The punch is one of my favorite wheel models.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #190
Fink44 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ron
Fink44's Tacoma Gallery
I have the bronze Guardians. Does anybody know if they make the shorter cap in that color? I haven't been able to find it so far. Thanks
Old 11-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #191
Wheel and Tire Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink44 View Post
I have the bronze Guardians. Does anybody know if they make the shorter cap in that color? I haven't been able to find it so far. Thanks
Yes they do. The product code is 87320 and the cost is only $13.00 per cap. Give us a call at 1.888.459.4080 and anyone of our sales agents would be happy to set you up.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:02 PM   #192
Just got my gunmetal mk6 in the mail , has anyone tried to wet sand and buff off the level 8 logo on the center cap ? I like the center caps but would prefer a plain look .
Old 11-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #193
2stroketrush will become famous soon enough

EMS:
Name: Tyler
2stroketrush's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! Im going to save that link because i am going to get rid of my heavy Cragar's I'm running. Good price to!
Old 11-22-2013, 03:31 PM   #194
gb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Geoff
gb42's Tacoma Gallery
I bought the bronze guardians, I wish I would have ordered through Discount Tire Direct. My local store was incompetent, dishonest and to top it all off they took some paint off the wheel face by the holes for the lugs-not impressed.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:37 PM   #195
Wheel and Tire Guys

We apologize for your recent experience gb42. I suggest speaking with the store manager about what happened.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:46 PM   #196
gb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Geoff
gb42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
We apologize for your recent experience gb42. I suggest speaking with the store manager about what happened.
Unfortunately they guy I was dealing with was the assistant manager-I will just look for wheels and tires elsewhere next time.

Anyways, I like the bronze guardians, they look great. I am in the process of figuring out how to make a custom center cap.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:51 PM   #197
Wheel and Tire Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb42 View Post
Unfortunately they guy I was dealing with was the assistant manager-I will just look for wheels and tires elsewhere next time.

Anyways, I like the bronze guardians, they look great. I am in the process of figuring out how to make a custom center cap.
I would still contact the store manager. Our number one goal is our customers complete satisfaction and we have fallen short here. If we can help from our end please send us a PM with your invoice #, name, and telephone number.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:57 AM   #198
Slizzy will become famous soon enough

Slizzy's Tacoma Gallery
will the level 8 trackers fit a '09 offroad? where can i get these in Canada?

i cant seem to find a wheel that will fit in canada
Old 11-23-2013, 01:20 AM   #199
Slizzy will become famous soon enough

Slizzy's Tacoma Gallery
and will these rims mount a 265/75/16 duratrac? are these tires not supposed to be mounted on a 8.5" rim?
Old 11-23-2013, 08:00 AM   #200
Wheel and Tire Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slizzy
will the level 8 trackers fit a '09 offroad? where can i get these in Canada?

i cant seem to find a wheel that will fit in canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slizzy
and will these rims mount a 265/75/16 duratrac? are these tires not supposed to be mounted on a 8.5" rim?
The 16x8.5 ET-6 tracker will fit your 09 Offroad. I'm not aware of any Level 8 dealers in Canada but we can mail order a set to you for FREE. We also charge all Tariff Fee's up front to ensure faster delivery and to guarantee no further charges to you once the packages arrive.

In-regards to the fitment, the 265/75-16 DuraTrac is ideally mounted on a wheel that is 7" to 8" wide but it can be mounted safely on a wheel up to 9" wide per the RMA specifications.

Give us a call at 1.888.459.4080 and anyone of our sales agents would be happy to assist you with a total out the door quote. Just make sure you let the agent you speak with know you are a member here.