Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Level 8 wheels?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #41
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hudson
hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
Are the Level 8 Tracker wheels lugcentric or hubcentric? If they are lugcentric do they need to be roadforced balanced.? How much more will these wheels stick out compared to the stock wheels.Also which lugnuts work best for this wheel.. any problem balancing these wheels ?
Thank you for your help
They are lugcentric. With 285/70-17 tires, the outside of the tread is in line with the fender flare, pretty much perfect. You will need a conical seat type lugnut. I had absolutely no problems balancing mine.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:17 AM   #42
Bring Yuengling To MN!
angrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

angrysam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnym View Post
Just placed a order thought direct tire discount . I called to double everything would fit my truck . The guy I spoke with was very nice and willing to answer any questions I had . I wasn't calling to order but he put me on hold "2 minutes" came back and offered me the package at $350 below the Internet price . Great deal I couldn't pass on it . Can't wait for UPS to come next week !

If your going to order make sure you call and talk about the price most likely they can come down on it .
Well...spill it...what all did you order?
Old 02-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #43
💥💥💥💥💥💥
johnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: john
johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrysam View Post
Well...spill it...what all did you order?
16x8.5 level8 zx wheels
285/75/16 duratrac tires
Old 02-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #44
Wheel and Tire Guys
Discount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant future

Discount Tire Direct's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
Are the Level 8 Tracker wheels lugcentric or hubcentric? If they are lugcentric do they need to be roadforced balanced.? How much more will these wheels stick out compared to the stock wheels.Also which lugnuts work best for this wheel.. any problem balancing these wheels ?
Thank you for your help
Like hudhawk noted, the Level 8 Tracker is lug centric to the Tacoma as the hub-bore on this wheel model is 108mm. This wheel can be balanced in any fashion but we road force all wheel and tire combinations.

Compared to where your factory wheels sit now, the front edge on the 16x8.5 ET-6 Tracker will push out about 2.25" further towards the fender which should place it about 3/4" outside the fender.

For lugs we recommend 12x1.5 spline drives (smaller diameter). We sell Gorilla lug nuts and have this kit available for only $45.00 (black or chrome).

I have yet to see any balance issues with this wheel model. Typically you are going to see balance issues with a tire before you see a balance issue with a brand new wheel.

Quote:
16x8.5 level8 zx wheels
285/75/16 duratrac tires
Nice pick! Thank you for your support
Old 02-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #45
Bring Yuengling To MN!
angrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

angrysam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
16x8.5 level8 zx wheels
285/75/16 duratrac tires
That's gonna look nice.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:54 PM   #46
💥💥💥💥💥💥
johnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: john
johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrysam View Post
That's gonna look nice.
Thanks can't wait till wednesday .
Old 02-03-2012, 06:13 PM   #47
JayC06 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
JayC06's Tacoma Gallery
those will be badass.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #48
OldDog is on a distinguished road
OldDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire Direct View Post
Like hudhawk noted, the Level 8 Tracker is lug centric to the Tacoma as the hub-bore on this wheel model is 108mm. This wheel can be balanced in any fashion but we road force all wheel and tire combinations.

Compared to where your factory wheels sit now, the front edge on the 16x8.5 ET-6 Tracker will push out about 2.25" further towards the fender which should place it about 3/4" outside the fender.

For lugs we recommend 12x1.5 spline drives (smaller diameter). We sell Gorilla lug nuts and have this kit available for only $45.00 (black or chrome).

I have yet to see any balance issues with this wheel model. Typically you are going to see balance issues with a tire before you see a balance issue with a brand new wheel.

Nice pick! Thank you for your support
Thank you for your help
Old 07-06-2012, 07:40 AM   #49
Primo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Primo!
Primo 95's Tacoma Gallery
I just had my Level 8 trackers & Duratracs install this morning. After almost 25 years, I finally got the wheels I always wanted on my truck in high school. I wanted MT classics, but with all the questions of fitment I went with these Level 8s which look almost identical.

Level 8 Trackers 16x8.5 6-139.7-6p
Duratrac 265/75/16

There was more than enough clearance on the calipers. This is almost 1 inch of clearance from the ridge on the caliper to the wheel. Dont bother with filing calipers and buying spacers...just go with these Level 8 wheel and you will have more than enough clearance. Discount tire gave me $250 trade in for the stock sissy tires. I couldnt be happier with their sales and service.
Level 8 wheels?-20120706_091044.jpg

Level 8 wheels?-20120706_091054.jpg

Level 8 wheels?-20120706_091844.jpg

Level 8 wheels?-20120706_091904.jpg
Old 07-06-2012, 02:07 PM   #50
Wheel and Tire Guys
Discount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo 95 View Post
I just had my Level 8 trackers & Duratracs install this morning. After almost 25 years, I finally got the wheels I always wanted on my truck in high school. I wanted MT classics, but with all the questions of fitment I went with these Level 8s which look almost identical.

Duratrac 265/75/16

There was more than enough clearance on the calipers. This is almost 1 inch of clearance from the ridge on the caliper to the wheel. Dont bother with filing calipers and buying spacers...just go with these Level 8 wheel and you will have more than enough clearance. Discount tire gave me $250 trade in for the stock sissy tires. I couldnt be happier with their sales and service.
Attachment 158804

Attachment 158805

Attachment 158806

Attachment 158807
Very nice We appreciate your support! Enjoy your new set-up.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #51
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo 95 View Post

Duratrac 265/75/16

Attachment 158804

Attachment 158805

Attachment 158806

Attachment 158807
Nice wheels and tires! Do they rub on front mud flaps?
Old 07-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #52
Primo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Primo!
Primo 95's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
Nice wheels and tires! Do they rub on front mud flaps?
Thank you.

Yes they did..front tires only, both the "front" flap and the rear flap on the the front tires. I removed them both. And no rubbing anymore.

They did the fitment test at discount and they didnt rub, engine on, tires turned both ways...but when you drive it..and I turn into my driveway..they would slightly rub.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #53
PAKraig is on a distinguished road

Name: Kraig
PAKraig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm not sure if I mentioned this before on some of the other thread threads regarding this wheel but the Guardian comes standard with 55mm caps. Level 8 does offer a 35mm cap for only $13.00 per wheel if your interested.
Any photos of the shorter caps? Getting ready to order tomorrow. How do I select which caps I want?

Thanks,
Kraig
Old 08-09-2012, 09:05 AM   #54
Wheel and Tire Guys

^
I do not have any pictures at this time. Give us a call at 1.888.459.4080 and anyone of our agents would be happy to add the shorter caps to your order. Please note that the longer caps are going to come with the wheels regardless and the shorter caps will need to be purchased in addition too.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #55

PAKraig's Tacoma Gallery
No problem, thanks for the info.

One other question, does the spline drive lug kit come with a spline drive socket?
Old 08-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #56
Wheel and Tire Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAKraig View Post
No problem, thanks for the info.

One other question, does the spline drive lug kit come with a spline drive socket?
Our SD lug kits do come with the correct key/socket
Old 08-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #57
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fienoma View Post
my tires says cannot be mounted on a 16x8.5..
I believe your tire probably says "Do not mount on a 16.5" wheel, not "Do not mount on a 16x8.5" wheel." Falken is one of the few manufacturers that prints the warning about half inch diameters (not widths) on their tires.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #58

PAKraig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^
I do not have any pictures at this time. Give us a call at 1.888.459.4080 and anyone of our agents would be happy to add the shorter caps to your order. Please note that the longer caps are going to come with the wheels regardless and the shorter caps will need to be purchased in addition too.

Asked quetions, got the right answers and ordered my wheels. Went with Level 8 Guardians in black and I'll be mounting my 265/70r17 BFG All Terrains on them. Thinking about painting grey, but I'll wait til I see them. Talked to Wyatt and he was more than helpful.

Thanks Discount Tire!
Old 08-10-2012, 09:09 AM   #59
BOOMSHAKALAKA
boardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud of

Name: Bomb.com
boardude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAKraig View Post
Asked quetions, got the right answers and ordered my wheels. Went with Level 8 Guardians in black and I'll be mounting my 265/70r17 BFG All Terrains on them. Thinking about painting grey, but I'll wait til I see them. Talked to Wyatt and he was more than helpful.

Thanks Discount Tire!
If you dont mind me asking, how much did these run you out the door? Im looking at the Guardians either in black or bronze. I love these wheels because they almost look identical to the TRD wheels!
Old 08-10-2012, 11:04 AM   #60

PAKraig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardude View Post
If you dont mind me asking, how much did these run you out the door? Im looking at the Guardians either in black or bronze. I love these wheels because they almost look identical to the TRD wheels!
Yeah they do.

PM Sent.