1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pro Comp 7031 (17X9) and Discoverer ATP (265/70 R17)

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by camiliosalomanda, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Jan 15, 2012 at 7:24 PM
    camiliosalomanda

camiliosalomanda [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    McKinney, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Super White
    Grill Craft Hella 500 Bed Aux Wet Okole Wet Okole Arm Rests Weather Tech Magnaflow OS Ram Night Breakers Rocky Mounts Custom IPOD Dock Pioneer AVH P4100 Relentless Sliders AnBCustomFab Bed Rack 3 Inch Icon Lift with leaf pack
    Just got new wheels and tires. I know that a few people were wanting to know about the discoverer ATP's.

The tires have a nice aggressive look to them for AT's and there is no road noise. After having KM2's these tires glide like butter.

The wheels are very nice as well coming with gorilla locks on them and fitting well with the 4.5 backspacing. I just need to get a lift to make it all look better. Also to fix the slight rubbing on the front of the plastic shrouding.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jan 15, 2012 at 7:26 PM
    COMAtose HI

COMAtose HI Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD SPORT 4x4
    6" Procomp Stage 1 Suspension Lift, Custom 6" Alcan Springs, N-Fab Side Steps, Husky Floor Liners, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Debadged, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, 13" Antenna from AntennaX.com, 35% Tint for front windows, Procomp 7032 Series 18x9 wheels, 33x12.50 Nitto Mud Grappler tires

nice!!! how do you like the pro comp wheels so far?

3. Jan 15, 2012 at 7:31 PM
    camiliosalomanda

Member:
    McKinney, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Super White
    Grill Craft Hella 500 Bed Aux Wet Okole Wet Okole Arm Rests Weather Tech Magnaflow OS Ram Night Breakers Rocky Mounts Custom IPOD Dock Pioneer AVH P4100 Relentless Sliders AnBCustomFab Bed Rack 3 Inch Icon Lift with leaf pack
    I love them so far. I think the spacing helped the overall look as well the seem to be quality. The only thing i dont care for is the faux bolts are stick on application.

4. Feb 16, 2012 at 2:18 PM
    ecr6cyl10

ecr6cyl10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddy
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    10 Prerunner Dble Cab Offorad
    Defiant Light bar with 12" LED light bar and 2 Rigid dually floods. 3" Icon lift in the front with TC UCA's and 1.5" add a leaf in the rear [url=http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/198098/cat/500][img]http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/data/500/medium/My_Truck54.jpg[/img][/url]
    Have you taken the tire offroad yet?

5. Feb 16, 2012 at 3:43 PM
    camiliosalomanda

Member:
    McKinney, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Super White
    Unfortunately I havent. I live in the concrete Jungle of Dallas Texas with lack or government land to cruise around on. I will tell you that they grip perfect in rain and on gravel. Not that, that says much but so far they are looking to wear well and they are comfortable and quite.

6. Mar 6, 2012 at 4:40 PM
    Tbones taco

Tbones taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Carrollton
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner ext cab
    Flowmaster 40 smittybuilt bull bar smittybuilt nerf bars hella lights crome custome grill
    Say i live in Carrollton and i know a couple of places we can wheel. PM me and we can talk. I'm looking for some partners to go wheeling.:D

7. Mar 6, 2012 at 7:55 PM
    camiliosalomanda

Member:
    McKinney, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Super White
    Where can you wheel around here that is legal and within a 1 hour drive. I have looked around here and the only things I can find are private property or some type of mud park.

I have been looking for a place where I can just cruie around and do light wheeling without causing a scene.

8. Mar 8, 2012 at 5:26 PM
    Tbones taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Carrollton
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner ext cab
    Flowmaster 40 smittybuilt bull bar smittybuilt nerf bars hella lights crome custome grill
    I have a friend who has found a spot for light wheeling. He said the law dose not bother them. Also their taking the faimly out when they go.
    the last time i went out there the law was just starting to run us off.
    that was 12 years ago. it's over in the arlington area. 30min away. i'll let you know when we go out next.:oldglory:

9. Mar 8, 2012 at 5:27 PM
    Tbones taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Carrollton
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner ext cab
    by the way how are the Coopers ATP working for you?

10. Nov 25, 2014 at 4:11 PM
    KKarr

KKarr New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma PreRunner 4x4
    leveling kit, pro comp 7031 wheels 265/65/16 toyo AT2
    i have an 08 tacoma with the same pro comp 7031 wheels, my factory sensors will not fit with those wheels because of the valve stem placement, how did you get yours to work or did you?

11. Jul 5, 2016 at 12:01 PM
    dburriesci

dburriesci Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma TRD Sport Doublecab
    Are your wheels 17x9 with 4.5 backspace? I can only find these in 17x9 with 4.75 backspace. Truck looks great, hoping to get the same wheels.

Products Discussed in

To Top