LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

The Ranger's First Look Tire Review: Hercules Trail Digger M/T

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 01:44 AM   #42
Textbook Fucking Mental
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Tearin' em up Mati!!!

I forgot to post my latest in here but with my completely opposite use of the same tire, I've still got 15/32nd's of tread left. I think it was the 15K update...on at 52...now in the 66K's..so 14K..plus the ratio difference...14K on my odo is really closer to 15,4K (1:1.1) Seems your view on how many miles a "normal" driver would get out of these is gonna be incredibly spot on, or even better.

Still love the tires. Do have to stay up on the balances, but eh, if thats worst thing about these tires, I'll take it!!

Missin' my baby, haven't had her for a week now.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:22 AM   #45
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I got the Trail Diggers installed this morning. $860 OTD. Not a bad price for an M/T. Probably could have got them cheaper online but I wanted to support my local economy. Initial impressions of this tire: They are quite a bit taller and narrower than the Duratracs I replaced. I actually caught my ass cheek on the seat getting in the first time. So, a liitle more lift is nice. As far as noise, they are actually quieter than the worn Duratracs. They do have a slight hum but I was really suprised at how quiet they are. I'm sure they will get louder but for now they roll really nice. Cornering definatly took a hit. There is quite a bit more sway in the corners but I was ready for that. Ride is nice considering the E load rating. I was afraid it would be a bit harsh. The truck lags a little more now though. The Duratracs I believe were 45lbs new and probably quite a bit ligher than that with 50K on them. The TD's weigh in at 49lbs. Not bad for an M/T. I can't give a mileage report yet obviously but I'm guessing a 1MPG drop. Hopefully not any more, we will see. I have them at 40 PSI right now so I may play with that a little. Thanks to everyone in this thread for all the straight foward info. I will keep updating as I go. Here's some pics!

Old 02-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #46
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-17-2013, 03:37 AM   #47
Textbook Fucking Mental
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
Well, I got the Trail Diggers installed this morning. $860 OTD. Not a bad price for an M/T. Probably could have got them cheaper online but I wanted to support my local economy. Initial impressions of this tire: They are quite a bit taller and narrower than the Duratracs I replaced. I actually caught my ass cheek on the seat getting in the first time. So, a liitle more lift is nice. As far as noise, they are actually quieter than the worn Duratracs. They do have a slight hum but I was really suprised at how quiet they are. I'm sure they will get louder but for now they roll really nice. Cornering definatly took a hit. There is quite a bit more sway in the corners but I was ready for that. Ride is nice considering the E load rating. I was afraid it would be a bit harsh. The truck lags a little more now though. The Duratracs I believe were 45lbs new and probably quite a bit ligher than that with 50K on them. The TD's weigh in at 49lbs. Not bad for an M/T. I can't give a mileage report yet obviously but I'm guessing a 1MPG drop. Hopefully not any more, we will see. I have them at 40 PSI right now so I may play with that a little. Thanks to everyone in this thread for all the straight foward info. I will keep updating as I go. Here's some pics!

Good Lookin!

My truck, with these tires and 68K rides smoother than our Ford Ranger shop truck 1 year older than mine, totally stock with 30K.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:49 PM   #48
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
back when i was running interco ssr's a buddy with a 4dr vs my 2dr was running these, in the 'same size' however the same size was a good inch larger in the oversized interco vs the undersized cheapo. anyway he was not happy with on or off road performance once driving my truck, no comparison from a discount tire to a premium tire.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:32 PM   #49
Textbook Fucking Mental

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzr2 View Post
back when i was running interco ssr's a buddy with a 4dr vs my 2dr was running these, in the 'same size' however the same size was a good inch larger in the oversized interco vs the undersized cheapo. anyway he was not happy with on or off road performance once driving my truck, no comparison from a discount tire to a premium tire.
No unhappiness from me with my HTDs.......
Old 02-18-2013, 07:28 AM   #50
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
I would put my HTDs up against any competing tire. Granted, I don't have any deep mud experience with them, but every other terrain imaginable they have been outstanding. If I ever had the funding to build and run my own race truck, the Trail Diggers would be my only choice of tire.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:33 AM   #51
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Loving the Hercs so far! Just turned over 80 miles on them and they still have the nubs on them. I know that's not a lot, but I have been "testing" these tires pretty hard on the street.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:49 PM   #52
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
was just adding my experience with them. on the road they didn't handle as nice as the premium type tire interco ssr's. on moderate trails they did work well. once it got really sticky and slick mud they didn't do as well. i went with a cheap goodyear territory on my current truck, i can feel the difference in money not spent at all times. but for the money the htd looks nice.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:47 AM   #53
Textbook Fucking Mental

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzr2 View Post
was just adding my experience with them. on the road they didn't handle as nice as the premium type tire interco ssr's. on moderate trails they did work well. once it got really sticky and slick mud they didn't do as well. i went with a cheap goodyear territory on my current truck, i can feel the difference in money not spent at all times. but for the money the htd looks nice.
Your fine guy. I didn't mean to come off rudely if I did, why I tried to keep my comments to a min. I'll admit I was a little wide eyes at your comments cause like I said, I really enjoy mine and I've heard nothing but good things about them, even had a solid review in a 4x4 mag.

The cons are always welcome. What would a true review be without them? Myself and Mati realize what we bought and I think judge in the same manner and have probably the same standards, even though we use our tires in totally opposite enviroments.

Should have just stayed away from the Goodyears all together!!! Not a $$ spent issue there, it's a GY can't make a round tire issue.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:16 PM   #56
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Great review of this product. Thanks for taking the time to do it!
Old 04-22-2013, 08:58 PM   #57
TacomaG26 has a brilliant futureTacomaG26 has a brilliant futureTacomaG26 has a brilliant futureTacomaG26 has a brilliant futureTacomaG26 has a brilliant futureTacomaG26 has a brilliant futureTacomaG26 has a brilliant futureTacomaG26 has a brilliant futureTacomaG26 has a brilliant futureTacomaG26 has a brilliant futureTacomaG26 has a brilliant future

Air Force: SFS
Name: Nic
TacomaG26's Tacoma Gallery
I may have to get some, anyone know of a good online site for them and do they have 265/70/17? Thanks
Old 04-23-2013, 06:04 AM   #58
Central Scrutinizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaG26 View Post
I may have to get some, anyone know of a good online site for them and do they have 265/70/17? Thanks
Loving mine. Here is a dealer locator for Hercules......

http://www.herculestire.com/find-a-dealer/

I just called around to some of my local tire shops. There were a few that could get them in my area.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:12 AM   #59
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaG26 View Post
http://www.onlinetires.com/products/...F118q+owl.html
Old 06-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #60
Textbook Fucking Mental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maticuno View Post
OP updated with end of life report.
I missed this.

I'm over 20K on mine odometer wise. Don't know what the real mileage is, like 22K or something. Been on the truck for about 1.5 years now.

They have amazing tread left. Still measuring in the teens. No problems to report, could probably used balanced, have neglected it lately.