Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

The Ranger's First Look Tire Review: Hercules Trail Digger M/T

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-04-2013, 07:25 PM   #61
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
I missed this.

I'm over 20K on mine odometer wise. Don't know what the real mileage is, like 22K or something. Been on the truck for about 1.5 years now.

They have amazing tread left. Still measuring in the teens. No problems to report, could probably used balanced, have neglected it lately.
I'm at about 4k with mine now and wearing great. I am still amazed at how smooth these tires roll down the road. They get a little bumpy at very low speeds but eh, it's an MT. Still VERY satisfied with my purchase.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #62
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

My 5,000 mile report: Just had their first rotation and holding up well. I've had them in the mud a few times now and THEY DIG! On road they are getting a little slippery on wet roads. I'm thinking I may get them siped before the snow flies. Still a happy customer.

Old 08-08-2013, 04:59 PM   #63
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like they're holding up quite well. I never noticed any abnormal slip in the rain which makes me curious what PSI you are running them. I don't see much sidewall flex which is why I'm asking.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #64
Central Scrutinizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maticuno View Post
Looks like they're holding up quite well. I never noticed any abnormal slip in the rain which makes me curious what PSI you are running them. I don't see much sidewall flex which is why I'm asking.
I was running them at 40 for mileage. After my rotation the dealer dropped it down to 34. I've been running them like that for the last week, probably going to bump it back up to 40, I don't like the squishy sidewalls on the street at that low a pressure.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #65
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Maticuno, how would you compare these to your experience with the Destination M/T's?
Old 08-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #66
Tin Ninja
ZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: zane
ZKuhl's Tacoma Gallery
anyone try the D/T

Old 08-08-2013, 06:39 PM   #67
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
Maticuno, how would you compare these to your experience with the Destination M/T's?
I think the Trail Diggers are a slightly better tire. Slightly longer lasting, not a single puncture or sidewall gash caused by the environment, and a little bit quieter. Don't get me wrong, the Destination M/T's were a pretty great tire, but considering the price difference and minor edge in performance, the Trail Digger is a better option.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:17 PM   #68
Central Scrutinizer

10,000 mile update. Still wearing like iron. No unusual wear or vibes. Had them in quite a bit of snow this winter and they did well. Heavy wet snow is where they do the best, hard packed snow; not so much. They never made me nervous to drive in the snow, pretty impressed for an MT. They are now about a year old and still very happy with them.

Old 03-06-2014, 02:44 AM   #69
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Have eaten 2 of mine up, will be in the tire market again here soon. Really just considering getting these again, don't like anything else I've seen. Funny enough, the only other tire I like is the Destination M/T. TDs win out though b/c of price & siping.

My alignment was way fucked up for about 3 oil changes (9K). I did not rotate my tires at all during that time. Alignment was bad, was going to completely trash 2 tires and not all 4, so I rode that way for a good bit. Access to alignment machine went out the window when I started working in a transmission shop.

Alignment has been corrected, as best as possible. I've been eyeballing and just doing it on the ground it the last couple times I've adjusted. Not to goddamn shabby and the truck drives straight.

Front tires got/are scalloped and worn down pretty bad. I did finally rotate them to the back to try and even out the wear a little. Truck still does not ride to horrible at all however. Just drove 400+ miles, one way, wheeled, then drove back home the same 400+ miles and the TDs did perfect the entire time. Worn out, ate up, fucked up HTDs still going pretty damn strong.

Have daily driven these tires for a little over 2 years, hard core daily driving, espeically the past 1+. Have just about 40K on them and would have gotten much, much more life if I hadn't of let them go to shit with my alignment.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:45 AM   #70
Weapon Mechanic

I was all ready to get another set of these for my work truck when a mandatory tire contract with Goodyear blind-sided me. I would run the Trail Digger again in a heartbeat if I didn't have to use the contract.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:44 PM   #71
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maticuno View Post
I was all ready to get another set of these for my work truck when a mandatory tire contract with Goodyear blind-sided me. I would run the Trail Digger again in a heartbeat if I didn't have to use the contract.
Really wish they made a 32x11.5x15, wouldn't have even been a choice, but they don't.

I'm going over to KM2s this round. I'm hoping (and expecting) for 40K+ on them. I've read a lot and seen 1st hand that's it's a pretty quality tire that I can expect some life out of on my lighter-weight 5 lugger.

They make 33s in the HTDs, but getting 33s stuffed on a 5 lugger gets a little tricky.

I'm not totally dead on my 30s, I will run them until I get all I need to move up to 32s, so a few more months on them, YAY! I may even be able get away with selling at least 2 as possible spares.