Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

stud and lug nut both spinning.... HELP

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-16-2012, 11:29 PM   #1
no one ever pays me in gum
blacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: caleb
blacksheff405's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation stud and lug nut both spinning.... HELP

ok so I was trying to rotate the tires when on one of my wheels I came across to like this on the same wheel. well for the last idk 3-4 hours i've been drilling the piss out of them trying to break the nut off so far ive been through about 5 bits and only have one off and the second one just refuses to come off i don't know if i'm just doing something wrong or is there another way to get it off i'm tired and got to finish it tonight and I NEED HELP!!!
Old 01-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #2
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksheff405 View Post
ok so I was trying to rotate the tires when on one of my wheels I came across to like this on the same wheel. well for the last idk 3-4 hours i've been drilling the piss out of them trying to break the nut off so far ive been through about 5 bits and only have one off and the second one just refuses to come off i don't know if i'm just doing something wrong or is there another way to get it off i'm tired and got to finish it tonight and I NEED HELP!!!
take a mototool (dremel) and cut a slit along the lug nut parallel to the lug. it should relieve the pressure on the nut. An air chisel would be easier if you have air tools
Old 01-16-2012, 11:35 PM   #3
blacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

well the problem is everyone else is asleep and i'm using my dads tools i thought about using a dremel to cut like one side off and then just pryinging the rest of it off you think that will work?
Old 01-17-2012, 12:01 AM   #4
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well the problem is everyone else is asleep and i'm using my dads tools i thought about using a dremel to cut like one side off and then just pryinging the rest of it off you think that will work?
thats kinda what i meant. even if you only cut one side it will relieve pressure and you can spray with pb blaster or wd40 and let it soak a while. cut two slits 180 from each other and pop the halves off with a screw driver...
Old 01-17-2012, 02:20 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
thats kinda what i meant. even if you only cut one side it will relieve pressure and you can spray with pb blaster or wd40 and let it soak a while. cut two slits 180 from each other and pop the halves off with a screw driver...
thanks for the advice man i finally got it off after almost 5 hours. ha ha.
man eventually i just beat the piss out of it with a hammer and it broke off FINALLY!!

i was about to go
Old 01-17-2012, 05:44 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thanks for the advice man i finally got it off after almost 5 hours. ha ha.
man eventually i just beat the piss out of it with a hammer and it broke off FINALLY!!

i was about to go
I was going to say, as a last resort a BFH works or a big breaker bar to snap off the studs.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:51 AM   #7

well i kept using a tire iron at first and then it got to the point i bent the damb nut so much there was nothing to hold on to anymore.. but thanks again for the help guys i was up till 330 getting that tire off and had to be up to go to class today at 9.