Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Offset question

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-18-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
Thundjet is on a distinguished road
Thundjet's Tacoma Gallery
Offset question

Considering buying a set of Fuel Cranks for my 2012 Sport TRD. It is not lifted and have no plans to do so. Stock tires are 265x65x17 so when they need replacing might be replaced with 265x70x17.

The Cranks are 17x9 and can be purchased with 0 or 30 +offset and the person I've been dealing with says the 0 offset would be best for the truck.

Opinions?
Old 01-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
If those are the only 2 you can pick I'd say 0 also but more people will chime in.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
I have 17x9 AWC's with a 0 offset.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #4
lundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
lundy's Tacoma Gallery
They're offered with a -12, +0 or +20. Just a heads up
Old 01-18-2012, 12:14 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post
They're offered with a -12, +0 or +20. Just a heads up
And the best choice for me would be the?????????

Thanks!
Old 01-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #6
lundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
lundy's Tacoma Gallery
Well I've said +0 a few times already. Maybe somebody else can chime in and verify whether a 9 with a +20 will be to high of backspacing or not. It's 5.75" backspacing which seems like too much to me. I believe it's .25" more backspacing than stock.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:35 PM   #7
Quote:
It's 5.75" backspacing which seems like too much to me. I believe it's .25" more backspacing than stock.
Are you suggesting the Cranks have 5.75 back spacing and that is to much? Sorry, need to be very precise on the fitment since these are being mail ordered and freight each way is a killer if they don't fit properly.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #8
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well I've said +0 a few times already. Maybe somebody else can chime in and verify whether a 9 with a +20 will be to high of backspacing or not. It's 5.75" backspacing which seems like too much to me. I believe it's .25" more backspacing than stock.
That is correct.

OP, the 0 offset (5" backspacing on a 9" wide wheel) would be fine for your application. However, make sure the tires you buy are approved for 9" wide rims. Many 265's are not. You can check on the tire manufacturers website.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #9
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
That is correct.

OP, the 0 offset (5" backspacing on a 9" wide wheel) would be fine for your application. However, make sure the tires you buy are approved for 9" wide rims. Many 265's are not. You can check on the tire manufacturers website.
This.