Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

What tires??

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-30-2008, 07:19 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
Question What tires??

I am in need of some new tires on my Taco, so after Christmas I plan on purchasing a set. But I'm not really to familiar with tire types. All I know is I want some white lettered tires with a slight bit of a deeper thread to them(not for off roading, just looks). Right now I have the stock rims on my taco and I'm not wanting to do anything with those yet, just new tires. I am also not wanting them to be super expensive. I mean it is right after Christmas and I have a GF and her bday is on new years eve(so i will b brooke ).

Any help would be much appreciated. Links and pics would be amazing!!!!
Old 11-30-2008, 07:26 PM   #2
HighPlains will become famous soon enoughHighPlains will become famous soon enough
HighPlains's Tacoma Gallery
Buy her a set of tires then!

I think you just need to buy her a set of tires. Then, when they don't fit anything she has.....

I have the Michelin LTX AT2 tires. Look good, ride nice so far, but they fail one of your objectives. They are anything but cheap.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....odel=LTX+A/T+2
Old 11-30-2008, 07:29 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPlains View Post
I think you just need to buy her a set of tires. Then, when they don't fit anything she has.....

I have the Michelin LTX AT2 tires. Look good, ride nice so far, but they fail one of your objectives. They are anything but cheap.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....odel=LTX+A/T+2

I like those
Old 11-30-2008, 08:54 PM   #4
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought Nitto NT420's about a month ago

I am very happy with them. Outstanding performance, excellent wet & dry traction. And best of all, not very expensive. I was running BFG G-Force tires, but they were a $100 more per tire than the Nitto's. Also the ride comfort is better on the Nitto's than the BFG.

http://www.nittotire.com/#index.feature.street

I found Goodyear offers the best deal on tires. With FREE lifetime balance/rotate & road hazard.

I looked at tirerack.com, but after shipping and installation they were $40 more per tire. And road hazard was extra with tirerack.

And the way I pickup metal debris, I have to have road hazard. I'm doing my part picking up crap on the roadway, so you don't have too.

Nitto NT420
Old 12-01-2008, 06:54 AM   #5
SHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of lightSHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of lightSHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of lightSHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of lightSHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of light

SHunter080703's Tacoma Gallery
I am getting Firestone Destination ATs hopefully tonight.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....nSpeedRating=S
Old 12-01-2008, 05:10 PM   #6
HighPlains will become famous soon enoughHighPlains will become famous soon enough
Michelin LTX AT2

Here are some pics.
265 75 16 ten ply

Old 12-01-2008, 05:20 PM   #7
If it flies it dies!!
duckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
duckcmdr's Tacoma Gallery
one thing about tires there's nothing cheap about them.. I like the nitto terra grappler. you can get all 4 tires delivered to your door for about $509.00 from discount tire direct on ebay. Free shipping. That not cheap but that the best prices i found and its way better than the 888.00 price i got from the offroad shop, or the $1100.00 for the BFG's.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:26 PM   #8
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckcmdr View Post
one thing about tires there's nothing cheap about them
That is except for the Dunlops that came on mine, ehh i can't wait until these things wear down so I can justify buying new ones to my wife.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:50 PM   #9
If it flies it dies!!
duckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
duckcmdr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
That is except for the Dunlops that came on mine, ehh i can't wait until these things wear down so I can justify buying new ones to my wife.
Yeah not a big fan of the dunnys those tires are just junk>
Old 12-01-2008, 06:52 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance

Quote:
Here are some pics.
265 75 16 ten ply

How much were those??
Old 12-01-2008, 07:04 PM   #11
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
i have a set of these, i am very pleased with them

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....tination+A%2FT
Old 12-01-2008, 07:14 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelfan_08 View Post
How much were those??
$236 mounted and balanced for 265/75/16 ten ply (load range E). The guy allowed me $75 apiece for my stock BFG Rugged Trail four ply tires less than 1000 miles.
I've never regretted buying an expensive quality tire like a Michelin, but I've many times regretted going the cheap way.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:32 AM   #13
Carolina Alliance

Quote:
$236 mounted and balanced for 265/75/16 ten ply (load range E). The guy allowed me $75 apiece for my stock BFG Rugged Trail four ply tires less than 1000 miles.
I've never regretted buying an expensive quality tire like a Michelin, but I've many times regretted going the cheap way.
236 apiece or all together
Old 12-02-2008, 05:19 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelfan_08 View Post
236 apiece or all together
Ummmmmm...... that would be X 4

Keep in mind, these are 10 ply Michelin.

Products Discussed in this Thread