Notices

walker evans

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-24-2012, 05:28 PM   #1
sydwayz04 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dustin
sydwayz04's Tacoma Gallery
walker evans

so i did a search and did not come up with anything on them, i am wanting a set of the street lock walkers, is there a reason why nobody is running them, i know ther are not cheap but is that the only reason, or will they not fir or something? is there anybody with them on here? thanks
Old 01-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydwayz04 View Post
so i did a search and did not come up with anything on them, i am wanting a set of the street lock walkers, is there a reason why nobody is running them, i know ther are not cheap but is that the only reason, or will they not fir or something? is there anybody with them on here? thanks
Do you have link to the set you want, with the specs?
Old 01-24-2012, 07:00 PM   #3
no link i found some that say fj wheel but as of now walker's site is not letting me see anything, so no i am not loking at a specific one just them in general and was wanting to know why u dont here of any talk of them arond here, i will try to call them tomorroe and see if they can give me some info on what will work
Old 01-24-2012, 07:04 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I can tell you what will work if you tell me what tire size you want to run, and on how much lift.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:10 PM   #5
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hudson
hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Aaron (blackhawk88) is running them, along with a few other members I can't think of right now.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:08 AM   #7
i am wanting to run a 265/75/16 with no lift, or as big as i can go with no lift, i will end up going with the king coilovers and some total caos uca but dont want it to be to much taller , probley go with shackel flip in the rear so like 1-1.5 lift in the front with the kings, always wanted a set of the walkers from day one and i know they are coin but worth it to me.

can i clear 285's with no lift as i dont plan on doing the kings till summer and i need tires now, how much would i half to cut to clear them with no lift or is that even possable with out totaly cutting my truck up ?

and if walker can make any ones i want what would be the ideal offset and suck then ?
Old 01-25-2012, 10:33 AM   #8
Old 01-25-2012, 10:36 AM   #9
ok so just got off the phone with omf, great customer service, so ! walker does not come in a 16 only 17;s, not to big of a deal but was talking with the guy and he can basicly put a true bead loch on any rim for $250 or a street lock on any rim for $120 considering walkers are $390 i might go with a nother rim and just have them install a bead lock, like above i kinda like the factory toyota rim they did there phaze 6 ring on

so back to basic if i wanted to run a 265/75/16 what would be the ideal off set for the rim, thanks
Old 01-25-2012, 10:42 AM   #10
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydwayz04 View Post
ok so just got off the phone with omf, great customer service, so ! walker does not come in a 16 only 17;s, not to big of a deal but was talking with the guy and he can basicly put a true bead loch on any rim for $250 or a street lock on any rim for $120 considering walkers are $390 i might go with a nother rim and just have them install a bead lock, like above i kinda like the factory toyota rim they did there phaze 6 ring on

so back to basic if i wanted to run a 265/75/16 what would be the ideal off set for the rim, thanks
zero offset on an 8" wide rim would give you the option of running a 265 now or a 285 when lifted.

If it's a 9" wide rim you'll want -12 offset, and youll want to make sure that the 265 you select is approved for 9" wide rims.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #11
fishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
fishntaco's Tacoma Gallery
You can run a 265/75/16 on the stock wheels if you wanted, but if you plan to move up to a 285 then 4.5'' backspacing is recommended.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #12
ok cool thanks guys 4.5 backspacing it is then now i just half to find the rim i want, was thinking the leval 8 guardian with the spectra 6 omf bead lock rings??? to many choices :-)