Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Powder Coat Stock Wheels?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-01-2008, 09:50 PM   #1
nmichalak is on a distinguished road
nmichalak's Tacoma Gallery
Powder Coat Stock Wheels?

I am in the market for black wheels. I am really diggin' the American Racing ATX Thug Teflon Wheels. Do you think it would be worth the money to buy these of get my factory wheels powder coated? I see some trucks on here with black stock wheels. Does the dealership powder coat them for you as an option when you buy your truck? What is a ballpark price to have my stock wheels powdercoated? If anyone has painted or powder coated the 16" alloy stock wheels that come on an 07 Taco please share photos. thanks.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:51 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
here's what i posted to ur comment on my pic.....

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...wheel+painting
Old 12-01-2008, 09:55 PM   #3
nmichalak is on a distinguished road
nmichalak's Tacoma Gallery
thanks those look good
Old 12-01-2008, 09:59 PM   #4
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I think powdercoating them would look awesome. It's one of my future mods.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:50 AM   #6
stro1965 is on a distinguished road

Army: Infantry
stro1965's Tacoma Gallery
I've been debating having my steelies powdercoated. Will cost $50.00 per wheel with the sandblasting. I really like the way those look! Are you running without centercaps?
Old 12-02-2008, 09:39 AM   #7
It's a MOD, MOD World
stevigee is a name known to allstevigee is a name known to allstevigee is a name known to allstevigee is a name known to allstevigee is a name known to allstevigee is a name known to all

Army:
Name: Stevigee
stevigee's Tacoma Gallery
Actually I am running center caps off my old 95 Taco. After dismounting my steelies for powder coating, I noticed that the center hub hole seemed about the same size as my 95 Taco centers caps which I still have and sure enough they fit perfectly. My wife went to Toyota dealer and found out that the center caps are the same part# as stock FJ's so you can order them. The old caps look better than the ones there using now (not as big). I found a set on TW about two weeks ago and you can find them on ebay.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:36 AM   #8
stro1965 is on a distinguished road

Army: Infantry
stro1965's Tacoma Gallery
I agree, they look better than the new ones.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:41 AM   #9
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
I painted mine for a cost of about $30. I am impressed with how nice they turned out.
Attached Thumbnails
Powder Coat Stock Wheels?-dscn0251.jpg   Powder Coat Stock Wheels?-dscn0249.jpg