Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

295/75/16 on TRD wheels?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #1
Retired Senior NCO
sfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired U.S. Army Air Defender
Name: Dan
sfcadams's Tacoma Gallery
295/75/16 on TRD wheels?

I have tried searching for the answer but haven't found anything definitive.

I have a 2011 DCSB TRD prerunner. I have the bilsteins at .85 with Eibach springs and the top plate spacer from Toytec for a total of 3 inches of lift in the front. I "believe" the backspacing on the factory TRD wheels are 5.25 inches. I am currently running the 1.25 inch Spidertrax to push the wheels out for a better look/stance with the factory 265/70/16s. I am thinking about moving up to a set of 295/75/16s and wanted to get some opinions on how others think this combo would work. I don't offroad, just mainly highway and the occasional light trail or something along those lines. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Old 01-27-2012, 06:12 AM   #2
Retired Senior NCO
sfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bump....
Old 01-27-2012, 06:14 AM   #3
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
moved to wheels&tires for answer
Old 01-27-2012, 06:52 AM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
There are folks running that size on a 3" lift. It just requires more trimming than the 285/75's.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:54 AM   #5
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

might wanna check the tire manufacturer's specs on what they recommend for rim width. the stock 7" wheel might be too narrow for the 295. tires of the same size can have different recommendations from the manufacturer based off their testing.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:47 AM   #6
Retired Senior NCO

Thanks for putting this in the right forum.

On a side note, I thought the stock TRD wheels were 16x8??
Old 01-27-2012, 07:48 AM   #7
Piss off

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcadams View Post
Thanks for putting this in the right forum.

On a side note, I thought the stock TRD wheels were 16x8??
stock steelies and stock OR rims are 16x7 and stock Sport rims are 17x7.5, IIRC.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:51 AM   #8
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
It should work
Old 01-27-2012, 08:02 AM   #9
Retired Senior NCO

From the searches I am doing through Google, I keep reading that the stock TRD Off Road wheels are 16x8. Guess I am gonna have to pull a wheel off to see if the size might be stamped into the back of the wheel.....
Old 01-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #10
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcadams View Post
From the searches I am doing through Google, I keep reading that the stock TRD Off Road wheels are 16x8. Guess I am gonna have to pull a wheel off to see if the size might be stamped into the back of the wheel.....
They are definitely 16x7.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:05 AM   #11
Piss off

it will be cast on the back of the wheel. only stock TRD wheels i know of that are 16x8 are the TX fake beadlocks.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:05 AM   #12
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
OP did you ever get 295s put on?