1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel Tire combo ?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by 60guy, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Jan 29, 2012 at 7:29 PM
    60guy

60guy [OP] BADASS

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2017 Limited Double Cab
    I've got a 2010 double cab short bed TRD with 1.6" Eibach springs and 5100s set at 0 up front and the TSB rear leafs plus and additional 1.5" add-a-leaf in the rear. I'm looking to get the biggest tire I can under it, and was wondering if any of you are running this or know if they will fit. Here is what I'm looking at:

Goodyear Duratrac Tire
    LT275/65R-18
    Load Range = E
    Rim Range = 7.0-8.0
    Max Load = 3415
    Tread Depth = 18/32
    Overall Diameter = 32.1

on

Moto Metal 957
    18x9 wheel size
    Bolt Pattern: 6 on 5.5
    Diameter: 18.00"
    Width: 9.00"
    Backspace: 4.53"
    Max Load: 2200 lbs
    Hubcentric: No
    Offset: -12.00 mm

Will these fit? Any one got pic's of a similar set up?

THANKS!

2. Jan 30, 2012 at 1:17 PM
    BrettBretterson

BrettBretterson Wild Ginger

Member:
    Bothell, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB TRD OR 4x4
    5100's
    You'll have no issues at all in the rear with this setup. The front is another story, you'll definitely have some rubbing that will require a bit of trimming. I ran almost this exact setup, with the only difference being my wheels were a +0mm offset and I was running 5100's at 1.75".

The only time I rubbed was in reverse, on the inside of the bumper. With a -12mm wheel, you'll probably rub the bumper a little more than I did but it's easily solved with some easy trimming. You shouldn't have to worry about rubbing the cab mount either, so I wouldn't hesitate to run this combo on your setup. Here's a picture of mine:

[​IMG]

3. Jan 30, 2012 at 3:11 PM
    SoonerTac40

SoonerTac40 Driving Taco's before they were Taco's!!

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 SR5 TRD Offroad
    Icon Extended Length C/O w UCA's and AAL in the back. 285/70/17 BFG AT with AR ATX 17x9 rims
    Don't think you will have any issues with the setup you describe...maybe some minor rubbing, but probably nothing a little trimming won't resolve.

My rig is similar to yours 09 TRD 4WD DC Short bed. I'm running 285/70/17 BFG AT on 17x9 AR ATX rims. Some minor rubbing at full left turn in reverse (right front)...but also have Icon Ext Length C/O & UCAs up front with AAL in the back to give me a little more room all around. Had to do a little trimming myself.

Good luck!

Taco.jpg

4. Jan 30, 2012 at 5:00 PM
    60guy

60guy [OP] BADASS

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2017 Limited Double Cab
    Thanks for the info and pics guys!!!

Bretbetterson do you have the Eibach and 5100s @ 1.75 up front or just the 5100 @ 1.75?

Also is the trimming you both speak of just the black plastic behind the front bumper?

Thanks again!

5. Jan 30, 2012 at 5:03 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke

I took out about 50% of the plastic inner fender on mine to make it work. Many people just cut the little 'cup' at the bottom. Wasn't enough for me. Cab mount you will want to eventually do anyways, but you can survive without. I have for years. Just have the guys drive around the lot after they put your tires on and watch where it rubs. Cut it out and repeat.

6. Jan 30, 2012 at 5:12 PM
    BrettBretterson

BrettBretterson Wild Ginger

Member:
    Bothell, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB TRD OR 4x4
    5100's
    I don't have Eibach's, I have stock coils on the 5100's at 1.75". Sorry, I can see how that was confusing.

Like brian said, the trimming is just the black plastic liner behind the front bumper, specifically the cup that hangs down. The only thing I would disagree with brian about is the cab mount chop. There's no reason to do that mod unless you're rubbing on it, and I don't ever rub on it so I don't see any reason to do it.

7. Feb 4, 2012 at 5:27 PM
    60guy

60guy [OP] BADASS

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2017 Limited Double Cab
    Thanks for the info. That is a good looking Tacoma! Mine is silver as well and I have the same steps, but with the 3" tube. What antenna is that you have on there? Does it get good reception? Same as stock?

8. Feb 6, 2012 at 8:09 AM
    SoonerTac40

SoonerTac40 Driving Taco's before they were Taco's!!

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 SR5 TRD Offroad
    Icon Extended Length C/O w UCA's and AAL in the back. 285/70/17 BFG AT with AR ATX 17x9 rims
    The antenna is an AMI "Big Stick" stubby. I have the 12" black powder coat. It gets great reception...at least as good as the factory whip that was on there. Easy to install...fit right on the factory antenna base with no mods. You can get them from a number of online stores like autoanything.com or realtruck.com as well as others. When I was looking for a stubby antenna, I did a google search for stubby antenna's for tacoma.

On the trimming, due to the setup and size of the tires I'm running, my trimming was mostly plastic as the others have stated. Did have some minor frame grinding behind each front, but it was minimal. Also had to remove the factory mud flaps...just no room with the 285's. Had I chosen a smaller tire, that would not have been needed...my choice to go bigger because of what I need my rig to do off road. The package has performed flawlessly.

Hope this helps and thanks for the compliment! Keep us posted on your build!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top