Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Ahhhhhhh I give up. 285 tire size question

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #1
rhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Robert
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
Ahhhhhhh I give up. 285 tire size question

First off I have searched and read allot before I asked. I just don't get it

I am a new OME setup with dakars in the rear and light racing UCA. 2.5" lift up front with the 885 springs.

My rims have a 4.75 bs with o offset. http://4wheelonline.com/DJ708-Black.141484.493789

Will 285 bfg at fit.

Thanks guys
Old 02-01-2012, 09:58 PM   #2
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
yae, but you still probably have to trim some plastic
Old 02-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #3
rhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
When you say trim you just mean the inside wheel well correct. Thanks for the response.

Oh I suppose the mud flaps will have to come off too.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:35 PM   #4
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
I cut a lot of my plastic off and I still Rub.... But it's a good idea to cut the cab mount too. You can keep the rear mud flaps on but the fronts will have to go.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:18 PM   #5
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhowell View Post
When you say trim you just mean the inside wheel well correct. Thanks for the response.

Oh I suppose the mud flaps will have to come off too.
i mean where ever it rubs hahah
Old 02-01-2012, 11:22 PM   #6
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOC View Post
yae, but you still probably have to trim some plastic
What he said.

I got that exact same set up and took off the front mudflaps and trimmed a bit in the front. Have not hit a trail yet but I imagine I may need to trim a bit more. Hope that helps.

You can kind of see what I trimmed in this picture.

Old 02-02-2012, 06:10 AM   #7
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banff2007Tacoma View Post
What he said.

I got that exact same set up and took off the front mudflaps and trimmed a bit in the front. Have not hit a trail yet but I imagine I may need to trim a bit more. Hope that helps.

You can kind of see what I trimmed in this picture.

Thanks. That lift in the back looks larger than the Dakar springs would provide. What's up.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:21 AM   #8
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhowell View Post
Thanks. That lift in the back looks larger than the Dakar springs would provide. What's up.
That picture was taken right after the lift was put on and after measuring it was a full three inches higher. I have been told that they will settle. When the summer hits here I plan on having a rack in the back for a kayak/paddle board so a little more weight will be added.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:06 PM   #9
TJ'sTOYCOMA
tmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: T-Rey
tmreyes1's Tacoma Gallery
I have 285/75/16 BFG's on the stock TRD rims. The only thing I had to do is all 1.25 spacers and remove the front little mud flap that is held on with 2 10mm bolts. So far I have not had to cut any plastic (so far).
Attached Thumbnails
Ahhhhhhh I give up. 285 tire size question-new-tires-1.jpg  
Old 04-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #10
Sigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Sigi
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
I have a sPacer in the front and it rubs a little but I still have my mud flaps on. I don't mind a little rubbing .
Old 12-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #11
Punkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Ryan
Punkindrublic's Tacoma Gallery
Alright guys, I'm in the same boat as the OP. I have searched all day long for an answer and have found a million different answers. I just ordered an OME Lift kit with 885 coils, the Dakar rear package, but no new UCAs as of now. I am interested in going to 285/75/R16 tire size instead of my 265/75/R16 I have now. I am running the stock offroad rims from toyota. I plan on getting wheel spacers to account for the backspace issue. I just want to make sure I can get these to fit with some trimming of the fender area. I would like to avoid the Cab Mount Chop as I don't get offroad much. Thanks for any replies in advance.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:22 PM   #12
Reads more than posts
sofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
sofiasdad11's Tacoma Gallery
Ryan, i am running 285/60/18's with a -12 offset. slightly different than what you may be considering. however, i have not had to do the cab mount chop, then again, like you, i don't off-road. trimming of the wheelwells is required (not difficult or even noticeable)and i also was forced to shed the oem mudflaps, though run a custom set in the winter without problems. hope this helps.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #13
Punkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Ryan
Punkindrublic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiasdad11 View Post
Ryan, i am running 285/60/18's with a -12 offset. slightly different than what you may be considering. however, i have not had to do the cab mount chop, then again, like you, i don't off-road. trimming of the wheelwells is required (not difficult or even noticeable)and i also was forced to shed the oem mudflaps, though run a custom set in the winter without problems. hope this helps.
Thanks for this. That helps out. Did you use wheel spacers?