LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Wheel locks or not?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 03:52 PM   #1
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Wheel locks or not?

Do you guys think I need wheel locks??? I am ordering black lugs right now and not sure if I should order a set of locks or not. What are your opinions on the matter?

I think even with locks its possible to steal especially when the thief can just jam a smaller socket over the lock and break the seal and remove lug (I have never done that before just know some things lol)
Old 12-03-2008, 03:54 PM   #2
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
I'd put em on there. If someone takes them at least they'll have work at it.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:28 PM   #3
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
i have them on mine. if someone does steal the wheels your insurance company might give you less of a hassle paying you for them.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:56 PM   #4
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Ok i ordered them... what the hell its only 10 bucks more and some xtra peace of mind.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:00 PM   #5
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
down here is a must, one of my neighbors woke up with his new suburban on bricks LOL
Old 12-03-2008, 06:55 PM   #6
TorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to behold

TorenApart's Tacoma Gallery
FWIW, when Toyota lost the wheel key to my custom wheel locks, they had to chisel the locks of and replace them with factory locks. They had my truck for an entire day. They then replaced them with their generic locks. Before they went to that extreme, they tried their 10 or 12 different keys that anyone could purchase from the dealer - making your wheel locks worthless.

Moral of the story:
  • Don't leave the dealership without your wheel lock key.
  • If you have a real need for the locks, consider custom locks from a wheel manufacturer that are difficult to acquire.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:06 PM   #7
TEXMEX TACO
alexamado is on a distinguished road

alexamado's Tacoma Gallery
Its better to be on the safer side. I mean if someone really wants those wheels, they will take them but at the least the locks will slow them down to the point they might just give up.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:33 AM   #9
Taco93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco93 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco93's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
Ok i ordered them... what the hell its only 10 bucks more and some xtra peace of mind.

Where did you order your wheel locks from? I'm thinking of getting some myself. Thanks
Old 01-03-2009, 12:06 PM   #10
trailinTaco is on a distinguished road

trailinTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i would or you could end up like this escalade... happens alot in my area
Old 01-04-2009, 03:54 PM   #11
Roggs01
roggs01 will become famous soon enoughroggs01 will become famous soon enough

Air Force: MSgt
roggs01's Tacoma Gallery
Get em and make those crack heads work for those rims.... A good chance they will move on to a vehicle without locks....