Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Rugged Trail P265/75 R16

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 04:22 PM   #1
Overheadspec is on a distinguished road
Overheadspec's Tacoma Gallery
Rugged Trail P265/75 R16

Is anyone running the BF Goodrich Rugged Trail P265/75R16? I know the TRD's come with 265/70 R16's. Just wondering if anyone has these, and if you like them?
Old 12-03-2008, 04:25 PM   #2
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
if u can, stay away from the rugged trail, but if its the only thing in ur price range then its up to you
Old 12-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #3
What is the reason for staying away from the Rugged Trails?
Old 12-03-2008, 04:29 PM   #4
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

they dont wear to well and rotating them is a MUST if you want them to last more than 10k
Old 12-03-2008, 04:30 PM   #5
Drew793 will become famous soon enoughDrew793 will become famous soon enough

Drew793's Tacoma Gallery
They are the stock tires on my TRD Off-road. Smooth quiet ride, good in the rain, ok in the snow. Haven't gotten a chance to really test em out in the snow. I don't do serious off-roading but for going on dirt roads and stuff they work great for me. I've always had good experience with BFG except for once when I bought a pair for my Jeep Wrangler. Got the mud terrains and they were noisy and bumpy on the pavement. Made your teeth chatter! lol
Old 12-03-2008, 04:39 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
The LAST time I ran Rugged Trails, they lasted 70 miles. Thats how far I made it from home, to do some mild off roading. I peeled the tread off of 3 of them, and split the 4th like a Bagel. As I was driveing to a tire shop, my truck was shacking like crazy. Peeled tread was flopping around, and slapping against my body panels. Every time I came to a stop, someone would say "Hey, your tires are falling apart!", to which I would reply, WHAT! Your kidding me! ".
Old 12-03-2008, 04:46 PM   #7
What do you recomend in a P Load (P265) to keep the weight down, but also has decent tread such as rugged trails. I am trying to get bigger tires, but don't want to suffer much of a drop in gas mileage. I know that the rugged trails are pretty light.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:47 PM   #8
Tuned By Gadget

u can get some nittos or toyo that are A/T are around the same weight as the rugged
Old 12-03-2008, 04:48 PM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overheadspec View Post
What do you recomend in a P Load (P265) to keep the weight down, but also has decent tread such as rugged trails. I am trying to get bigger tires, but don't want to suffer much of a drop in gas mileage. I know that the rugged trails are pretty light.
Nitto Terra Grapplers.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:50 PM   #10
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i had the rugged trails on my truck when i got it...they had 29K on them and i put close to another 10K on them with ZERO issues other than no traction in mud...but thats not what they were designed for

if you treat them well (rotation etc) they're fine for easy street driving...past that tho and i'd go elsewhere
Old 12-03-2008, 05:02 PM   #11
CometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the rough
CometKat's Tacoma Gallery
On tirerack.com ( http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey...y.jsp?type=HAS ) the Rugged Trailís are ranked number 40 out of 67. This is a whole lot better than the Dunlop Grandtrekís that came stock on my truck. They are ranked 65 out of 67. The Rugged Trailís are a highway tire made up to look aggressive. If you stick the roads you should be good. Barring any unforeseen problems I plan on wearing mine out before I replace them.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:38 PM   #12
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I got a nail in my front driver tire that I need to address. Mine are also unevenly worn and noisy.

I've got 33K on my truck and my treads at 4/32. These tires suck in the rain mud and snow.

I hate the rugged fails.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:42 PM   #13
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
The LAST time I ran Rugged Trails, they lasted 70 miles. Thats how far I made it from home, to do some mild off roading. I peeled the tread off of 3 of them, and split the 4th like a Bagel. As I was driveing to a tire shop, my truck was shacking like crazy. Peeled tread was flopping around, and slapping against my body panels. Every time I came to a stop, someone would say "Hey, your tires are falling apart!", to which I would reply, WHAT! Your kidding me! ".

hahahha good one Chris.

Yeah, I read on another fourm that these tires werent the best.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:45 PM   #14
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
the rugged fails on my 06 lasted only 23k miles.......horribly out of round after 10k, and rode like crap.....especially in the rain. i'd never run a set of those again!
Old 12-03-2008, 05:49 PM   #15
If it flies it dies!!
duckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
duckcmdr's Tacoma Gallery
Had them on my first 06 and needed new tires at 38000 my buddy has them on his dodge 2500 diesel with 62000 just replaced them. with nitto terra grapplers. I just got mine in hope to have them on this weekend. $509.00 shipped from discount tire direct off ebay.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:43 AM   #16
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
I just turned over 5000 miles this week in my truck and plan on this weekend changing my oil and rotating the tires. The BFG Rugged Trails have treated me fine so far. It looks like they are wearing evenly. Last weekend I was on a ice/snow covered road going down a steep hill pulling a trailer with a ATV in it. I was worried about loosing control and smashing everything up. The tires held the road well and I was impressed. But, when the day comes, I will replace them with the BFG All-Terrains. I had those on my 95 Tacoma and they lasted a long time and performed well in all weather conditions.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:52 AM   #17
dabighi has a little shameless behaviour in the past
dabighi's Tacoma Gallery
have them on my truck. theyve treated me fine so far. i ordered the nitto terra grappler at 285/70/17 and theyre here. just waiting on word about my wheels and then gettin rid of the bfg's.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:16 PM   #18
rc2125 is on a distinguished road
Army:
rc2125's Tacoma Gallery
The rugged trail's tread depth when new, is only like half the depth of most other all terrain tires. Mine are going bye-bye tomorrow, Discount Tire gave me $45 a piece (trade-in) toward some cooper STT's. Couldn't pass up the offer, considering they'd just be thrown in the barn to dry rot. I have been suprised at how much better they've done in the snow, than I would have guessed though.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:33 PM   #19
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc2125 View Post
The rugged trail's tread depth when new, is only like half the depth of most other all terrain tires. Mine are going bye-bye tomorrow, Discount Tire gave me $45 a piece (trade-in) toward some cooper STT's. Couldn't pass up the offer, considering they'd just be thrown in the barn to dry rot. I have been suprised at how much better they've done in the snow, than I would have guessed though.
thats because theyre a highway tire...not an all terrain
Old 12-04-2008, 05:37 PM   #20
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc2125 View Post
Never thought of trying to trade my tires in. I'm going to look into that