Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Nitto Terra Grapplers Wearing Out FAST?!?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #21
blair is on a distinguished road
Name: Blair
blair's Tacoma Gallery
I'd get your alignment checked. I have 265-75/16 Terra Grapplers D rating and after 12,000 miles they still look brand new. Too much toe will eat up any tire fast.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #22
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Actually....they're not. They are marginal off road, and a 30+ year design. Most newer AT's are leaps and bounds better than the BFG's.
What about the wear of the tire though (what the thread is about.) All i know is the 5 sets of bfg a/t's i've had over the years have averaged 80,000 miles each set. How many miles are these newer a/t's lasting and which ones are they?
Old 02-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #23
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
What about the wear of the tire though (what the thread is about.) All i know is the 5 sets of bfg a/t's i've had over the years have averaged 80,000 miles each set. How many miles are these newer a/t's lasting and which ones are they?
Yeah, I'll give BFG's last along time. Most times, the belts begin to break down before the tread is gone.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #24
veet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the rough

veet skeet's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I have the P metrics I believe, which is the lighter tire compared to the LT. I shoulda done more research in the beginning so that I could've gotten a better tire... I am gonna look at Goodyear Duratracs or BFG AT's next.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:31 AM   #25
dunerchic1404 is on a distinguished road
dunerchic1404's Tacoma Gallery
Look at what tire pressure your running as well. Every time I have my tires rotated, the tire shop wants to put 35 psi in my Terra Grapplers. The ride is a little harder at 55, put they are wearing awesome!! I have close to 70k on this set. I will def be purchasing them again.