Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

What r some good tires??

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-03-2008, 09:40 PM   #1
kingN8 is a jewel in the roughkingN8 is a jewel in the roughkingN8 is a jewel in the roughkingN8 is a jewel in the rough
kingN8's Tacoma Gallery
Question What r some good tires??

jus got a 2006 tacoma tss...it has some low profile kumho ecstax on it...any other tires someone would prefer??? like an all terrain tire...and the rims are 20 inches
Old 12-03-2008, 09:43 PM   #2
Im so hungry i can ride a horse...
kmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
kmrofka's Tacoma Gallery
Bfg a/t ko's
Old 12-03-2008, 09:53 PM   #3
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Bridgestone Dueler revos, toyo AT's, Goodyear Silent armor,Hankook dynapro AT are what come to mind. they're all pretty well rated.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:09 PM   #4
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Hands down my favorite so far are the Nitto Terra Grapplers! Great Ride, Great Handeling, and a tough lookin' tire!
Old 12-03-2008, 10:18 PM   #6
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Bravo!

Old 12-03-2008, 11:06 PM   #7
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery

How about some pics of your truck.

I'm running Nitto NT420's. I've had them for a month & love them. Great wet & dry traction.

I'm running 265/50/20's

Old 12-04-2008, 04:15 PM   #8
kingN8 is a jewel in the roughkingN8 is a jewel in the roughkingN8 is a jewel in the roughkingN8 is a jewel in the rough
kingN8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post

How about some pics of your truck.

I'm running Nitto NT420's. I've had them for a month & love them. Great wet & dry traction.

I'm running 265/50/20's

pics are coming tomorrow..dont have a camera so im takin pics wih my friends camera
Old 12-09-2008, 09:53 PM   #9
kingN8's Tacoma Gallery
Ballistic jesters

on a scale of 1-10??

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...484&vid=009980
Old 12-10-2008, 02:56 AM   #10
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate TSS View Post
Link doesn't go to a rim says select vehicle option.

Nitto Terra Grapplers
Old 12-11-2008, 11:36 AM   #12
kingN8's Tacoma Gallery
need a lift?

for this tire size LT305/55R-20/E2 121S would i need some kinda of lift
Old 12-12-2008, 02:22 AM   #13
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
What size tire comes stock on a TSS?
Old 12-12-2008, 09:07 AM   #14
kingN8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxysandchick View Post
what size tire comes stock on a tss?
275/45r20
Old 12-12-2008, 09:18 AM   #15
Ultimate Member
SLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to behold

SLOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I love my BFG AT's they are awesome tires, I think my next set, post lift, will be BFG Mudd Terrain KM2's though.

Old 12-13-2008, 01:45 AM   #16

Quote:
Quote:
275/45r20
The size specs of the stock is 10.75 wide and 29.75 diameter
the other is 12.44 wide and 33.2 diameter.

Does the TSS has the same suspension and everything as the TRD? Just adds different wheels/exhaust etc I think I read on another post.

If it is just like the TRD trucks then I believe a 31-32 inch tire is the biggest diameter you can go without rubbing, lift etc. I'm guessing a 12 inch width would be too wide also.
I'm running 265/70/17 on a 17x9 rim which are 31.5 diameter and 10.8 wide and I have minor rubbing with stock suspension.
Search what the other guys with 20in rims are running for tires, no many around but there are a few.

Maybe the TSS is scaring people off from answering . I hope someone else can chime in an offer a better answer than me.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:49 PM   #17
Micherie is on a distinguished road

Navy: AO3
Micherie's Tacoma Gallery
Question I'm shoppin' tires too....

205/70/14 on a 2wd and I've only got about $400 to spend. I like the idea of a 'tough' looking tire for my truck... nothing sporty for this girl. Any recommendations?
Old 12-13-2008, 12:59 PM   #18
Atlanta Falcons
JimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud of

JimmyCrackCorn's Tacoma Gallery
Nitto Terra Grapplers...best bang for the buck. Quiet an smooth!

Old 12-13-2008, 01:11 PM   #19
Micherie is on a distinguished road

Navy: AO3
Micherie's Tacoma Gallery
just my luck

Nitto doesn't make them in 70's. Well.... I did want new flat black rims anyway.... thanks for the advice.