Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Need tire advice 2007 pre-runner P265/65R17 (highway use)

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #1
Rigged4Ride is on a distinguished road
Rigged4Ride's Tacoma Gallery
Need tire advice 2007 pre-runner P265/65R17 (highway use)

Hey guys.. So Im about to hit 75k on my stock Bridgestone Duler HTs. They have been okay tires but the tread is all gone and I'm in need of some new rubber.

I need tires for daily highway commute. 66 miles roundtrip every day! Definitely need some long lasting tires that wont break the bank. Currently renovating my entire home so price is important. I also live in Florida so winter tires aren't required. And I hate winter so I don't expect to be driving to the Yukon anytime soon.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:11 AM   #2
hetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant future
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigged4Ride View Post
Hey guys.. So Im about to hit 75k on my stock Bridgestone Duler HTs. They have been okay tires but the tread is all gone and I'm in need of some new rubber.

I need tires for daily highway commute. 66 miles roundtrip every day! Definitely need some long lasting tires that wont break the bank. Currently renovating my entire home so price is important. I also live in Florida so winter tires aren't required. And I hate winter so I don't expect to be driving to the Yukon anytime soon.
What you want is a highway rib tire...good for rain, and long lasting. Michelin makes a VERY nice one that should last 100k miles.

But here is a more reasonable one by General...used to run the old General Grabbers AP on my FJ60 in the 31x10.50-15 size...$60 each from Sams...

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...w=false&cs=265
Old 02-05-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
Rigged4Ride is on a distinguished road
Rigged4Ride's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hetkind View Post
What you want is a highway rib tire...good for rain, and long lasting. Michelin makes a VERY nice one that should last 100k miles.

But here is a more reasonable one by General...used to run the old General Grabbers AP on my FJ60 in the 31x10.50-15 size...$60 each from Sams...

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...w=false&cs=265

Which Michelin are you refering too?
Old 02-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #5
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
IMO BF GOODRICH COMMERCIAL T/A Radials are the best tires I've ever had for pavement driving and I'll be buying them again.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #6
MonStar
Koov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
Michelin MS2's are the bomb. Got them on my truck and love them. I do 99% freeway driving.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #7
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Michelin ms2's are mud and snow tires. He lives in Florida.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #8
Wheel and Tire Guys
Discount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant future

Discount Tire Direct's Tacoma Gallery
The Michelin M/S 2 tire would be an excellent choice for your highway driving in Florida. The have a manufacturers limited wear warranty for 70,000 miles.

The M/S actually stands for Multi / Surfaces. These tires are very quiet and ride exceptionally smooth. I have been running this tire in Arizona for a long time and am very happy with them.

Let us know if we can be of assistance.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #9
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
^PM sent.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #10
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Have you checked out Yokohama Geolander ATS? That is what I went with, seemed to be a great choice for the $. They ride great, quiet and can't really tell a difference from my stock Dunlops. Of course I'm running 16's so I don't know about the pricing for the 17's on these. I've only had mine about 2 1/2 weeks and love them so far. Here's a pic.

Products Discussed in this Thread