Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Nice aftermarket wheels with close to stock spec's ?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-05-2012, 10:35 AM   #1
vermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

vermintrex's Tacoma Gallery
Nice aftermarket wheels with close to stock spec's ?

I really want to be able to fit front flaps again...so sick of the damage being done to the front doors.

Currently running Koenig Countersteer Type X...they have -10 offset which works out to about 4" of offset....I think

I've got 1.6" of lift up front which cured the worst of the fender well rubbing, except at full lock in reverse...but I can't fit flaps at all...not the stock flaps or the Husky's I bought in the hopes they'd fit.

I'd love to run some AR ATX Mojave's, Artillerys or even Ledge...but I don't know enough about offsets / back spacing....even after reading all the sticky's...just not smart enough haha

All I know is the stock 17's with plus sized 265/70/17's never rubbed at all....even before adding 1.6"s of lift.

So the simple solution would be to find something closer to stock spec's than the Countersteer's....but still look tough/industrial

Any suggestions's guys ? Just want to stop thrashing the finish...and yeah...I know it looks more badass without flaps...but I'm over it
Old 02-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #2
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running 16x8 0 os and 4.5 bs with 265 70 16's. Fits fine with no rub and flaps are stock except for trimming the length of the fronts.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:49 AM   #3
vermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thanks for the reply...but I think my tires would be still be larger than yours..265/65/17's = 265/70/16's if I understand correctly....but I wouldn't be surprised for a second if I had that wrong

edit: looks good by the way !
Old 02-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #4
Taqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennan
Taqoma's Tacoma Gallery
just because I learned how to calculate metric sizes the other day here on TW....

265/65/17 = 30.56" tire

265/70/16 = 30.6" tire

same overall diameter
Old 02-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqoma View Post
just because I learned how to calculate metric sizes the other day here on TW....

265/65/17 = 30.56" tire

265/70/16 = 30.6" tire

same overall diameter
sweet...so I am unfairly super intelligent after all
Old 02-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #6
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermintrex View Post
thanks for the reply...but I think my tires would be still be larger than yours..265/65/17's = 265/70/16's if I understand correctly....but I wouldn't be surprised for a second if I had that wrong

edit: looks good by the way !
Yeah I know. But I though you were asking more so about the off set and back spacing. Plus with you having a lift I knew that changed things also. But was just trying to help as much as I could. Maybe others will have better info for you.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
Yeah I know. But I though you were asking more so about the off set and back spacing. Plus with you having a lift I knew that changed things also. But was just trying to help as much as I could. Maybe others will have better info for you.
oh I am talking about bs and offset for sure...it's just that my tire size is different than your's I'm not sure that what is working for you would work for me.

really appreciate the input bro...thanks for trying to help !!
Old 02-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #8

just bumpin this shit
Old 02-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #9
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Your countersteers rub because they stick out too far with their 4" of BS. If you get a rim with 4.5"-5.5" BS you will alleviate the rubbing.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Your countersteers rub because they stick out too far with their 4" of BS. If you get a rim with 4.5"-5.5" BS you will alleviate the rubbing.
ok cool...thanks for the info.

So if the ATX Mojave's are 4.44" BS and 0 Offset and the ATX Artillery's are 4.52" BS and -12mm Offset they should both fit without rubbing ...or at least better than my current 4" BS wheels ?

thanks again for the help
Old 02-06-2012, 01:41 PM   #11
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

So if the ATX Mojave's are 4.44" BS and 0 Offset and the ATX Artillery's are 4.52" BS and -12mm Offset they should both fit without rubbing ...or at least better than my current 4" BS wheels ?

Yessir.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Yessir.

thanks man....guess I'm shopping for wheels
Old 02-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #13
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I just re-read your OP and saw that you want to run your flaps again. With 265's the 8" wide wheels (mojaves) will give you a better shot at that than with the 9's (artillery) because they will stick out 1" less.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:18 PM   #14

ok...good to know...and just to clarify they're 265/70/17's...still think the mojaves will work ?
Old 02-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #15
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Just stick close to 4.5" of bs, I ran 265/70 on stock sport wheels with flaps with no rub lock to lock.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:48 PM   #16

I ran the same size on my stockers and no lift without issue to but they are more like 5.5" bs, so I just wanna make sure 4.5" bs isnt gonna stick out too much and cause problems....but if KPT thinks it'll work that's good enough for me.