Notices

Trade stock 16" rims for Ivan Stewart rims at dealer

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-05-2012, 06:17 PM   #1
nsene001 is on a distinguished road

Name: Nick
nsene001's Tacoma Gallery
Trade stock 16" rims for Ivan Stewart rims at dealer

I was at a local Honda dealership last night and noticed they took in a 2nd gen lifted Tacoma with Ivan Stewart TRD rims wrapped in 265-75 BFG KM2's. The KM2's had about 60% tread left.
Curious if anyone knows if I could purchase these off the dealer or even trade them for my stock 16" alloys with BFG RuggedTrail with about 50% tread and some cash? I'm assuming the truck is just going to be auctioned off and not sold locally if that makes any difference. Any ideas? I would love to have this wheel/tire combo on my truck.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Rick
wolftree's Tacoma Gallery
There is only one way to find out, ask the dealer.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah seriously just ask em.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #4
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
It's not likely but dealers have told me in the past they'd rather have stock equipment on trade ins. Makes since, I'd feel better buying a stock truck than one that has the look of one that's possibly been wheeled. Of course it's still lifted.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #5
nsene001 is on a distinguished road

Name: Nick
nsene001's Tacoma Gallery
No go. They said possibly if the truck was going to auction, but since they are going to keep it on the lot they would not part it. Had to give it a shot at least.