Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Pulled the trigger today ..

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Pulled the trigger today ..

Hankook Dynapro ATM 265/70-17

Level 8 Guardian 17x8.5 -6

Should all be in and ready to go Fri or Sat.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:17 PM   #3
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I was really back and forth between the Dynapros and Duratrac's. The 75-80 mile freeway trip today did me in. I hope I don't get disappointed with the traction in the Dynapros.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:17 PM   #4
Woods & Water Edition
REDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
REDTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice choice man will look good on white.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:49 PM   #6
willimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to behold

Name: Will
willimatic's Tacoma Gallery
white lettering In or Out? I am considering those wheels at this moment, can't wait to see yours. Hopefully I will have a purchase made by the end of the weekend.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #7
Wheel and Tire Guys
Discount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant future

Discount Tire Direct's Tacoma Gallery
Fightnfire, make sure you post up some photos when you get a chance.

Also let us know your thoughts after you get some seat time.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #8
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
I was really back and forth between the Dynapros and Duratrac's. The 75-80 mile freeway trip today did me in. I hope I don't get disappointed with the traction in the Dynapros.
i do know they suck in 16"to 36" of snow......lol.but most a/t's would
Old 02-08-2012, 04:47 PM   #9
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Nice wheel choice. I think that will look great on your truck.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #10
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataco View Post
i do know they suck in 16"to 36" of snow......lol.but most a/t's would

Actually Duratracs meet the snow requirements in testing (hence the snowflake symbol on the sidewalls) and surprisingly do really wheel in the snow.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #11
Irish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Irish020's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hankook Dynapro ATM 265/70-17

Level 8 Guardian 17x8.5 -6

Should all be in and ready to go Fri or Sat.
I was tempted to go with those, but after researching here on TW I went with BFG AT KO's...
Old 02-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #12
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Dave View Post
Actually Duratracs meet the snow requirements in testing (hence the snowflake symbol on the sidewalls) and surprisingly do really wheel in the snow.
i was talking about the dynapros the op went with,not the duratracs
Old 02-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #13
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Dave View Post
To get the snowflake symbol, the tire has to get only 10% more traction than a "reference" all-season tire on packed snow in ASTM testing.

http://www.tirerack.com/winter/tech/...jsp?techid=125

Get a real snow tire for the winter if you drive a lot on snow and ice. They have a softer tire compound for the colder temps.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:25 PM   #14
Recklessly tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish020 View Post
I was tempted to go with those, but after researching here on TW I went with BFG AT KO's...
They look good!

Got mine installed today, getting dark outside so the pic isnt the best.

Old 02-11-2012, 10:03 AM   #15
Wheel and Tire Guys
Discount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant future

Discount Tire Direct's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They look good!

Looks great!
Old 02-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #16
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
To get the snowflake symbol, the tire has to get only 10% more traction than a "reference" all-season tire on packed snow in ASTM testing.

http://www.tirerack.com/winter/tech/...jsp?techid=125

Get a real snow tire for the winter if you drive a lot on snow and ice. They have a softer tire compound for the colder temps.
I drive in a fair bit of snow in the NE but I'd rather not be swapping tires for the season. My Duratracs while maybe not as good as a dedicated snow tire still do very well. Granted that's in comparison to the terrible stock Bridgestones that come on the Sport stock. I use 4x4 less than half as much as I used to need it before in the snow.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #17
Irish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Irish020's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They look good!

They do look good! Enjoy!
Old 02-17-2012, 10:12 PM   #18
schwegs89 is on a distinguished road

Army: PFC 114th Infantry Charlie Company
Name: Adam
schwegs89's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a lift? I have a 2012 reg cab and would like to get new tires n rims. Id like to do 17 in rims over my stock 16 in and I'm not sure what size tire would be best for rain/ little snow/ little wheeling/ majority city driving. Would 265/70/17 fit under my truck no lift no cutting? Thanks if you can help
Old 02-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #19
Recklessly tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwegs89 View Post
Do you have a lift? I have a 2012 reg cab and would like to get new tires n rims. Id like to do 17 in rims over my stock 16 in and I'm not sure what size tire would be best for rain/ little snow/ little wheeling/ majority city driving. Would 265/70/17 fit under my truck no lift no cutting? Thanks if you can help
They should fit fine. I am lifted but just billies at 1.75" and the rear TSB.

Old 02-18-2012, 04:40 AM   #20
schwegs89 is on a distinguished road

Army: PFC 114th Infantry Charlie Company
Name: Adam
schwegs89's Tacoma Gallery
OK thanks I'll prob remove the mud flaps for extra room.